Manual Soviet-Era Russian Shellpuller

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

Manual Soviet-Era Russian Shellpuller

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Newest knife from a friend in Lithuania. Don't know a whole lot about it. Perhaps someone here does? it measures just a hair under 5 inches closed, and roughly 8.5 inches open. In addition to the blade, it's got a few other crude features: A can opener, a screwdriver, and reamer. It's almost like Moscow made a lackluster attempt at their own version of the Swiss Army Knife :lol: But then again I've never seen a Vic featuring shellpuller bolsters; this one features those for the sizes of 12 and 16 gauge.

The Bakelight scales are textured and say "Moscow" on what I presume is the display side. Although it looks to have been crudely sharpened at some point, the overall condition of the knife is far better than the beat-up versions I've seen on eBay going for roughly 25 USD. At this condition I wonder what the value is - the only one comparable to this I can find online is over 200 dollars at Roadsideimports of all places (Image)

So, tell me what your thoughts are on this knife! My buddy said he got it from a neighbor who claimed to have bought it back when Lithuania was part of the Eastern Bloc, and judging that he got it for free, and in turn gave it to me for free, I don't suspect it's really worth a whole lot... :roll:

But it sure is neat :)
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
gravknife

Re: Manual Soviet-Era Russian Shellpuller

Post by gravknife »

Luke
Ive seen a few of these on ebay but never a black scaled .
They are usually more pearlex and ive seen a bone example once.
Heres a red one I saw for sale on ebay.Its slightly different but may be polish or Czech ,I think it made 30 euros or was asking this as a buy it now.

All the best
Ian
Attachments
$_1 (1).JPG
$_1 (1).JPG (11.9 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
$_1 (3).JPG
$_1 (3).JPG (35.47 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
$_1 (2).JPG
$_1 (2).JPG (12.74 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
ILikeStilettos

Re: Manual Soviet-Era Russian Shellpuller

Post by ILikeStilettos »