DOUBLE BLADED AUTO>>>>AWESOME

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: DOUBLE BLADED AUTO>>>>AWESOME

Post by sammy the blade »

I like that cameron creation! Any more pics. of that one, it's a double sticker!!
2024 candidate for president
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

sammy the blade wrote:I like that cameron creation! Any more pics. of that one, it's a double sticker!!
Hey Sam,

Here's the original post with more pictures.

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... it=trouble

George's wife is a semi-pro professional and I have never taken more pictures of the knife, since George's were so phenomenal. I even went looking for a piece of great driftwood like was used so that I had a nice 'stand' to take pictures of other knives. I didn't find anything.

This is actually one of several knives in the design, as George kept starting over. He had a green one almost put together, but it peeked. Someday I hope that he will finish it. I have lots of progress pictures if you are interested in those.

Thanks for your kind and supportive words.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
john

Post by john »

Double switchblades have been made for a very long time; there are many vintage examples.

The particular style that Lucio and Renzo made back in 2013 was the first time that this particular "style" was ever made. Not the first time a double switchblade was ever made.

The new double switch that they made last month is very similar to the one made in 2013. I believe the difference is a bat shield button versus an oval shield button. Also, the size. The new one is 50 cm with both blades open. The 2013 model is about 36 cm with both blades open.

A while back I got one of those double switch blade knives, the Dual Speed, from China. I purchased mine without handles. I put green abalone pearl laminate on mine.

Dave your double switch made by George is beautiful. It is really nice piece for your collection.

Don, I too like seeing the production photos thanks for your comments.

I've seen the one made by Chad; I'm not too excited about it.

Brett, it looks like we may have hijacked your thread. Hopefully what we have been showing you has been a complement to your thread.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (148.03 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (137.17 KiB) Viewed 2303 times
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Brett

Post by Brett »

Like the twin blades all one handle model, where can I get one,
And no hijacking this thread is great, love to see some unusual stuff, also like to see some thing like a push dagger style auto. Any one seen one?
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Brett wrote:Like the twin blades all one handle model, where can I get one,
And no hijacking this thread is great, love to see some unusual stuff, also like to see some thing like a push dagger style auto. Any one seen one?
I don't think one exists, but I'd bet I could design one. Think about the geometry here. It can't be an auto OTF design, because the blade is 90° to the handle in a push dagger, when closed there has to be space behind the handle for the blade to collapse into. The knife would be T shaped when closed, and not very practical to employ as a push dagger.

If you design it as a side opening OTF, then the blade would have to pivot in the middle of the handle, meaning the blade would be at very best, half the length of the handle - that is, very short. Would such a thing work for you?

Finally, think of a standard side opening switch, but lock it after only 90°of rotation instead of 180° and make the blade essentially the same length as the handle. Now the trick is to move the blade to the center of the handle, with it's pivot and locking mechanism. It could be done, but it would be tricky. It might need one mechanism to fire, then a second to allow the side motion to the final position. That's very complex.

Another way might be to make the blade slide to the side first, out of the handle tang first, then pivot up into lock. Again, that's very complex, I will have to give it some thought. It might be possible as a variant on a gravity or sliding manual knife, rather than a spring driven auto.

It's an interesting problem.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Perryknifeworks

Post by Perryknifeworks »

Really digging that double bladed auto.. :)