Pictures Of Work Done By Nemo Knives

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JimBrown257

Re: Pictures Of Work Done By Nemo Knives

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here's two more of Nemo's conversions. The Olivewood 110 and the 503 were done by Nemo. The oval-button 110 is just there for reference/comparison.

I'm curious if anyone has ever seen another auto-110 with a stiletto button and safety set-up.

Last edited by JimBrown257 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm curious if anyone has ever seen another auto-110 with a stiletto button and safety set-up.
Nope, I think this is the first I have seen. 8)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

whippersnapper wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

I'm glad I was able to have it documented that mine was the first (unless I find out otherwise).

I bet the guy who has the first normal auto-110 (like the 110 in the pic) wishes everybody knew that his was the first. Speaking of which: when was the first time anyone saw an auto-110? I mean, for how long have people been converting 110s?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Left handed Ka-Bar conversion with jigged bone....Nemo
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

JimBrown257 wrote:
whippersnapper wrote:

Awesome, thanks!

I'm glad I was able to have it documented that mine was the first (unless I find out otherwise).

I bet the guy who has the first normal auto-110 (like the 110 in the pic) wishes everybody knew that his was the first. Speaking of which: when was the first time anyone saw an auto-110? I mean, for how long have people been converting 110s?

I forgetting to see if you noticed how the lines in the wood kinda flow with the knife........Nemo
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Nemo wrote: I forgetting to see if you noticed how the lines in the wood kinda flow with the knife........Nemo
You mean how the lines arc along with the arc of the handle? Yeah, I actually pointed that out in another thread (it might have been on SD).

I can't find the pic I posted in that thread but here is another one in which the arced lines are fairly visible.
Attachments
1 001.JPG
1 001.JPG (55.46 KiB) Viewed 6331 times
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

New grizzly conversion with buffalo horn that works kinda like a ring pull.....Nemo
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

That Grizzly is a Ka-Bar like this one, right?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ka-bar-kabar-GR ... 250wt_1255

It looks great. The lock release is pretty interesting. Does the unconverted Grizzly even lock? If so, how do you unlock it?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

JimBrown257 wrote:That Grizzly is a Ka-Bar like this one, right?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ka-bar-kabar-GR ... 250wt_1255

It looks great. The lock release is pretty interesting. Does the unconverted Grizzly even lock? If so, how do you unlock it?
No....the unconverted grizzly works on friction with no way to lock it...that was the hard part of the conversion ...I had to figure out a way to lock and unlock that blade....this worked with rock solid lockup...the release also doubles as a place to put your thumb comfortably when the knife is open...and I can release the blade and fold it back up with one hand...Nemo
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Here's my latest two from Nemo.

Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thought you might want these pics..Nemo
dave

Post by dave »

Nemo, you certainly do great work. You had mentioned in a previous thread that you are doing Frank B.'s warranty work. I have an 11'' fb swinguard with a broken kick spring. I know Frank offers a life time warranty on his springs and I need this knife repaired. The knife is about 2 years old and the spring broke about 6 months after I got the knife. I sure hope Frank will stand behind this. Please supply your address so that I can send you the knife for the warranty work. A pm will be fine.

best regards, dave
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

dave wrote:Nemo, you certainly do great work. You had mentioned in a previous thread that you are doing Frank B.'s warranty work. I have an 11'' fb swinguard with a broken kick spring. I know Frank offers a life time warranty on his springs and I need this knife repaired. The knife is about 2 years old and the spring broke about 6 months after I got the knife. I sure hope Frank will stand behind this. Please supply your address so that I can send you the knife for the warranty work. A pm will be fine.

best regards, dave

Dave....I would love to help ...but the Beltrames stopped sending me parts for the warranty work....I have no idea why ...they won't even answer my e-mails...but still keep sending people.....you could try e-mailing them and see what they say...if they try to send you to me ...let them know I have no parts and have no idea what is going on........Nemo
dave

Post by dave »

Nemo wrote:
dave wrote:Nemo, you certainly do great work. You had mentioned in a previous thread that you are doing Frank B.'s warranty work. I have an 11'' fb swinguard with a broken kick spring. I know Frank offers a life time warranty on his springs and I need this knife repaired. The knife is about 2 years old and the spring broke about 6 months after I got the knife. I sure hope Frank will stand behind this. Please supply your address so that I can send you the knife for the warranty work. A pm will be fine.

best regards, dave

Dave....I would love to help ...but the Beltrames stopped sending me parts for the warranty work....I have no idea why ...they won't even answer my e-mails...but still keep sending people.....you could try e-mailing them and see what they say...if they try to send you to me ...let them know I have no parts and have no idea what is going on........Nemo
that is what i was afraid of. no discredit to you nemo. i believe you are a good guy. it seems frank beltrame is notorious for this sort of thing. i guess his word is worthless.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

If anyone has the kickspring they will donate... I will do the work for free....it's funny...when I asked Michele Beltrame for 11 swinger parts,I was told that they do not make those knives and could not get parts from the people that actually make them...kinda strange to have a frank b swinger and the beltrames themselves cannot get parts for them...so my question is....who makes them and where?.....Nemo