your first switch

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
blademan

Re: your first switch

Post by blademan »

The very first one that started it all:
About 5 years ago from Bladeplay, still very happy with it.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Like many of us here my first was a Rizzuto. Mom and dad took me to Mexico in 74 and we bought three,two black and one white.
It's possible mine is still in a junk box somewhere but I have my doubts.
I had no idea until becoming a member here that there were so many variations.
Mine had Rizzuto Estiletto on the blade and the bail had some kind of file pattern.

My first quality switchblade was a 9 inch Italian with stag and a bayo blade I bought at a gun/knife show in the 80's.
blademan

Post by blademan »

The reason why i bought this red one was because as a kid i used to own a manual italian style stiletto..i'm not quite sure what happened to it, but about 30 years later i still wanted one that just looked the same it made quite an impression back then.
I think the one i had back then was a manual transitional style 11" red pearlex..so the second switch i bought was...the same red pearlex, only in 11". :)
john

Post by john »

My first auto was a green camo NATO otf that I bought in a gift shop in Sorrento, Italy in 2006. It cost a whole 8 euro. Since then I have spent thousand building my collection. It was instant addiction at first flick. I'll post a photo later.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
peter44

Post by peter44 »

john wrote:My first auto was a green camo NATO otf that I bought in a gift shop in Sorrento, Italy in 2006. It cost a whole 8 euro. Since then I have spent thousand building my collection. It was instant addiction at first flick. I'll post a photo later.
Addiction at first flick , i love that :!: :!: :!: also that red pearlex is nice , i have one in green with the beltrame B over rostfrei stamp .
Guns for show, knives for a pro!
john

Post by john »

Hello Peter,
You can use my quote anytime in fact I insist. Was that green stiletto your first?
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
peter44

Post by peter44 »

john wrote:Hello Peter,
You can use my quote anytime in fact I insist. Was that green stiletto your first?
John
hello john my first is the orange pearlex , the first pic on this thread . ive shown you mine now show me yours :lol:
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

It's great reading all these posts. Thanks Peter!

Mine I got from a gun dealer back in '95 or so. I was a young teenager. He called it a "kit stiletto." It was stamped "ITALY INOX." Scales were black plastic. Bayo blade. 9".
In the same transaction, I left with a NATO MILITARY OTF. I considered it cheap crap and quickly turned the infamous five dollar profit at church that night. Sold it to the music leader's son :lol:
But the stiletto I had up until recently. -Sold it on SD for less than I paid for it.
all the best!
"Everyone is your neighbor."
peter44

Post by peter44 »

Five dollar profit at church :lol: i love that , black market trading when your a kid , the illegal profiteering in cigarettes and free school meal tickets sold on for profit :!: i remember those carefree days.......
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

An early Edgeco was my first auto.
I had owned and lost previous Italian switchblade style knives when I lived in the UK but none with a working button!
I still have this one but I did straighten the warped scale, was previously shown on an older thread :)
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
javacupper

Post by javacupper »

In 1965 when I was 16, my father and I flew over to Germany to meet up with my mother and sisters who were already there. I bought my first knife there, a Bonsa leverlock which was later stolen. I picked up the same model knife in the photo on an auction.

The only thing I take seriously in life is death but I haven't gotten there yet!Image
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

javacupper wrote:In 1965 when I was 16, my father and I flew over to Germany to meet up with my mother and sisters who were already there. I bought my first knife there, a Bonsa leverlock which was later stolen. I picked up the same model knife in the photo on an auction.
Wow. A Bonsa as your first switch. Very interesting story Java.
Sorry it was stolen.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

My first was home-made, kind of. It was a switchblade comb, only I removed the comb part and replaced it with a steak knife blade. Kind of lame, but I was just a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

My first was home-made, kind of. It was a switchblade comb, only I removed the comb part and replaced it with a steak knife blade. Kind of lame, but I was just a kid and I thought it was the coolest thing ever.
My uncle did the same, 'cept he used 2 of those hardware-store razor blades instead of a steak knife.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Here's mine and I've had it close to 25 years now. It's an 11cm "W German" Hubertus with the sandblast etch and factory file work and it cost me $195 back then.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!