AB / SKM Shellpullers

Post here pictures of your knives and blades! All images should be on an external web site, and linked to messages.

Moderators: tr4252, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeff

AB / SKM Shellpullers

Post by Jeff »

It's tough finding these in stock.
I picked up these two AB / SKM 12 & 16 stamped shellpullers to match my other two Massaro.
There is a slight difference in the GOM (Giovani Otavio Massaro) Inox zuava blades and the AB SKM Rostfrei zuava blades but the difference is so little it's almost unnoticable.
I have straight blades on the Massaros, so I don't have comparison pics, but these are great knives, dark horn and stag.
Leverlock switchblades
jarvis

Re: AB / SKM Shellpullers

Post by jarvis »

Good-looking group, Jeff. Nice photos, too. I have one in stag stamped AB that I got about 5 years ago, and it's a really solid knife, but I was a little disappointed in the finish. There were obvious tooling marks on the top bolsters and on the blade. Other than that, a very nice knife.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Jeff.
Yep we get what we pay for thats for sure.
I took as side by side photo of a Massaro next to Muskrat Man bolsters one time and the difference is huge. Still I like em alot though.
Leverlock switchblades
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

8)
panner

Post by panner »

:) :!: Great pair of shell pullers,you have really mastered the ability to take awsome pictures 8) :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Panner.
Thankfully Chad has become distracted by the Hubies and his Italian shellpuller radar is down. I think he is responsible for last years shortage of stock on these type of knives.
Leverlock switchblades
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

And Jarvis:
Though I've seen tooling marks on all of them; the bright side is that these are made to higher standards than the 80's edge Co. models that are extremely similar, and better than the lookalikes with the two exposed pins (spring pin and rear bolster pin) on the rear bolster. though not perfect I think they are pretty well made.
I do prefer nickel silver bolsters, but I like these, they are built nice and wide.
Leverlock switchblades
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

u got some hella good taste in knives Jeff, do ya stay on the edge of your seat when u see the Outsiders movie?! lol. i noticed u gotta thing for the balisongs too. Our tastes seem similar in this aspect though.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

KMNREMTP wrote:Jeff, do ya stay on the edge of your seat when u see the Outsiders movie?! lol.
Yep and when they're drowning pony and beating up johnny I flip open two bits blade, jump off the couch and yell for Johnny to hurry up and stab that stupid Soc, then root him on. :lol: :!:
Leverlock switchblades
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

lmao! that's awesome. when i saw ur avatar, i had to dig up tha movie n watch it myself. tha wife was like 'what tha hell is this?!' 'this is old' im like omg u dunno it? it's a classic! lol. 2bit is the reason i carry a balisong today (not his thoh, mine is mine...- just a cheapy)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

I'm just kidding, but your right The Outsiders movie holds an extreme influence twords my knife collecing.
Leverlock switchblades
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

yeah i straight caught a mental image of you yelling like a typical guy watching his favorite football team lose! lol
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Yes sir Jeff,you have great taste in knives. A shell puller just begs for a stag scales but that dark horn number really caught my eye.
It's a tough decision but I might have to choose the dark horn because one doesn't see those everyday.
Excellent pics too. 8)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Thanks Dave. I hope the holidays are being good to you. This has been a crazy tragic year for all of us and I lookrward to some joy.
As Java stated "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good knife!" :lol:
Leverlock switchblades