Knives from Pakistan

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
bryson123

Knives from Pakistan

Post by bryson123 »

Has anyone purchased knifes from Pakistan? If so, how would you rate the quality and transaction?
Thanks.
sammy the blade

Re: Knives from Pakistan

Post by sammy the blade »

I've had a couple cheap ones and they were a little crude but they worked well and were tight.
2024 candidate for president
bryson123

Post by bryson123 »

But no where near the quality of some of the Italian makers?
However Italy can be expensive.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Bryson, you need to explain yourself a little better. Are you talking about buying something cheap made in Pakistan and sold here (or wherever you live)?. Or are you asking about buying a Pakistan custom knife directly from a maker there?
bryson123

Post by bryson123 »

Buying a custom knife from Pakistan as compared to a custom one from Italy. Didn't want to mention any specific makers.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Thank you for making things more clear, although it seems to me like you would get better answers mentioning individual maker(s). To my knowledge there are no rules about that.

Specific transaction details about how to get something from one place to another you have to be careful discussing on the public forum--but nobody knows what is discussed through the private message function.

Good luck and I hope you get some answers.
bryson123

Post by bryson123 »

Thanks. I really like this forum.
LOTFK

Post by LOTFK »

It really depends on where you're sourcing the knives from in Pakistan. There are folks there who are putting out "volume" of cheap Damascus blades where the edges will not cut butter lol. And then you have some seriously talented makers who do a good leaf spring auto. As long as they're using good steel on the sere pins that hold back the blade when closed these aren't bad and some are great in fact. People used to dump on Chinese made blades at one time and now there are companies who are exalted at every Blade Show such as Two Sun, Maxace etc. It's not necessarily Where you get them from but WHO you get them from in my opinion
😎🤘⚡