DK ONLY Knives? (There's a picture link in my latest post).

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

DK ONLY Knives? (There's a picture link in my latest post).

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I have been lusting for a D2 Steel Bowie-type knife and have been looking over The DK ONLY collection of knives. They hover between $79.99 and $119.99 for sheath knives that range between 10 and 13 inches of blade.

Does anyone have any experience with DK ONLY knives?
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

Re: DK ONLY Knives?

To make a long story short, I bit. For $82.99 I bought a 15.5" long D2 Steel Long Clip Point Bowie Knife from DK ONLY handmade knives in Bloomington, Indiana. Hand forged and hardened to between 59 and 60 Rockwell Hardness, this beauty has a 10" blade and a long clip point.

I'll let everyone know how it looks when it arrives.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Do you have a web address for them?
2024 candidate for president
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

DK knives.com
Fishtail Picklock

Here's the knife.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/F90AAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

This is going to be a great addition (the "crown jewel" to my fixed knife collection). 8)

I'd be willing to bet that this will be a good "skinner" as well as a general camp knife. While it may be a bit heavy, I will punch so far above its class to be an "all around woods-tramping" unit. The long clip can be sharpened well enough to slide under a deer's hide without puncturing the peritoneum. separating joints would be a breeze, and preparing kindling wouldn't take much effort.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Re: DK ONLY Knives? (There's a picture link in my latest post).

Looks like a winner.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

[quote]I'd be willing to bet that this will be a good "skinner" as well as a general camp knife. While it may be a bit heavy, I will punch so far above its class to be an "all around woods-tramping" unit. The long clip can be sharpened well enough to slide under a deer's hide without puncturing the peritoneum. separating joints would be a breeze, and preparing kindling wouldn't take much effort.[/quote]

Just curious when was the last time you partook in such activities?
Fishtail Picklock

I walked 6 miles the other day. I'm still in decent shape for my age.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

This thing is a BEAST! and it is razor sharp. The spine is thick and the D2 steel has been properly heat-treated and tempered.

I wholeheartedly recommend DK ONLY KNIVES for affordable, beautiful, practical and functional fixed blade knives made from durable D2 steel. (Remember: D2 steel CAN rust if you leave it in a sheath too long). It is a "semi-stainless" high carbon steel that is more difficult to sharpen than other steels. The "upside" to this is the D2 will hold a better edge far longer than other high-carbon steels.

Buy from these people. You will not regret it. (You can find their products on eBay)
Fishtail Picklock
john

Post by john »

Very impressive blade and I like the green and red handle; it looks fantastic.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Thank you, John. The DK ONLY KNIVES people in Bloomington, Indiana jealously guard their reputation. The insist on customer satisfaction. If you haven't had a true "five-star" experience with them, they will make it so, regardless of the cost.

They make some beautiful skinners in D2 steel. Go to eBay and look up their site. While they make a lot of big knives they make a smaller hunting knife to die for.
Trust me, you won't be disappointed.
Fishtail Picklock
john

Post by john »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Thank you, John. The DK ONLY KNIVES people in Bloomington, Indiana jealously guard their reputation. The insist on customer satisfaction. If you haven't had a true "five-star" experience with them, they will make it so, regardless of the cost.

They make some beautiful skinners in D2 steel. Go to eBay and look up their site. While they make a lot of big knives they make a smaller hunting knife to die for.
Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

I checked out DK’s website. I’m impressed he has some cool looking knives. I need a fixed blad. I just might choose one from DK
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Fishtail Picklock wrote:Here's the knife.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/F90AAOSw ... -l1600.jpg

This is going to be a great addition (the "crown jewel" to my fixed knife collection). 8)

I'd be willing to bet that this will be a good "skinner" as well as a general camp knife. While it may be a bit heavy, I will punch so far above its class to be an "all around woods-tramping" unit. The long clip can be sharpened well enough to slide under a deer's hide without puncturing the peritoneum. separating joints would be a breeze, and preparing kindling wouldn't take much effort.
it seems to me that is way to much knife to skin,clean,and gut a squirl or rabbit or deer for that matter. it's to heavy for such work that could be done much easier with a sak farmer. it would be more suited to replace a small axe. imho.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
sammy the blade

Perfect for beheading crack heads, just a thought. Really nice knife though!
Fishtail Picklock

sammy the blade wrote:Perfect for beheading crack heads, just a thought. Really nice knife though!
I have one of those living across the way. A "garbage picker" that looks like an unmade bed every day of his life. Believe me when I tell you, I keep either the Ontario Marine Raider SP-10 sharp and handy. I never turn my back on any of them.
Fishtail Picklock