Have you visited A.G. Russells shop in Lowell Arkansas

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Sam Hotton

Have you visited A.G. Russells shop in Lowell Arkansas

Post by Sam Hotton »

Good morning all,
I am trying to find a TalkBlade forum member that makes regular visits to A.G. Russells retail store in Lowell Arkansas.

With thanks,
Sam
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Never been their Sam but AG is the only dealer that still sends me catalogs. Anything in a catalog you need help with?
PB
Mors Profundis

Post by Mors Profundis »

That outfit makes fine, labor of love knives-the one hand folder they introduced years ago is still a very good knife.
Never went to the store, but I've bought several knives mail order from them.
Cracker-jack, ne plus ultra,skookum, true dinkum stuff.
Life has no value, but death has it's price
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Hi PB,
Russells catalog illustrates a locking "Arkansas Toothpick" with four scale variations and ATS-34 steel. It's of the style a chap named Harry Archer favored, in fact Russell has sort of dedicated it to Harry.

I like big toothpicks, ATS-34 is reasonable steel, A.G. sells good products and Harry was a bit of a legend with the fellows I've hung with for 30 years. If fact, as you would say, Harry was a "Stand up kind of guy". I think I'd like to buy one of these folders.

The problem is I'm pickey about my knives. If I order one from here, the order will be filled by the first knife that comes to hand by the person filling the order. If you or someone that frequents Russels establishment were there, I would have confidence in yours or their choice, judgement and eye in selecting said knife. I know the knife would be "right" in every way possible.

So, I was hopeing that someone from our forum frequented Russells. Someone that has a knife addicts eye and could secure a good score on one of these blades for me. Money would be sent up front and Russells would ship the knife directly to me. I just need the man with the eye to do the selection.

That PB is what I am trying to do. Any thoughts?

Sam
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

I understand completley Sam I'm the same way. But I'm on the East Coast and I really don't know when I'll get out to Arkansas 8) Anyone Else here close enough to help out Mr Hotton?
PB