Dumb kid at school today

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MarioG14

Dumb kid at school today

Post by MarioG14 »

Some dumb kid at school today in my class got busted for what looked like a Buck 112 Ranger. His excuse was that he went hunting the day before and accidentally left it in his pants pocket. Thats an original one! :roll:
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

DUMB SCHOOL, if you ask me. [But I guess most are like that these days :( ]
Claudester

Re: Dumb kid at school today

Post by Claudester »

MarioG14 wrote:Some dumb kid at school today in my class got busted for what looked like a Buck 112 Ranger. His excuse was that he went hunting the day before and accidentally left it in his pants pocket. Thats an original one! :roll:
Are we takin collage or is this a school like in school and what grade level are you talking about. I work for a school district where a knife like that would be expulsion. Never to see the place again.
:cry:
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al and Claudester
Remember when we were growing up in the 20's and 30's every kid had a pocket knife and I never saw a kid pull a Stockman on another kid in a fight. As Dylan sang "The times they are achanginging"
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Al and Claudester
Remember when we were growing up in the 20's and 30's every kid had a pocket knife and I never saw a kid pull a Stockman on another kid in a fight. As Dylan sang "The times they are achanginging"
PB
Hey Mr. PB,
How are you doin?
You might have grown up in the 20s and 30s but sinse I am younger than you now. What the hey! I got my first pocket knife from my dad when I was twelve years old and he had told me several times before that, that I had to be twelve to have my own knife. It was a white pearl handled pin knife and I carried it to school and everywhere for that matter for maybe five or six years and I lost it while we were crabing at a local quarry. I remember the year because the day I got that knife there was a radio announcement that Buddy Holly had died in a plane crash.

Those were the days my friend
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

We all had knives at school also.... and even when one poor sod had one stuck into his leg as a result of the game "stretch" there was NO mention of banning them.... "times they HAVE changed"

Best wishes
Teddy
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Claudster
Who was Buddy Holly :wink:
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Claudster
Who was Buddy Holly :wink:
PB
I think he was the back up for pat boone, Oh those white buckskin shoes.
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

No, I go to a standard high school. Knives aren't that common. I guess the guy, named Chris, is getting put up for expulsion.
What is this great evil? How did it steal into the world? From what seed, what root did it spring? Who's doing this? Who's killing us? Robbing us of light and life. Mocking us with the sight of what we might have known.
JAGMAN

Post by JAGMAN »

Teddy, that game stretch brings back many happy memories, how cool it was to be playing with a knife and having fun, The rules are a lttle vauge now but was'nt it a sort of "twister" and the knife determined where your extremities were placed, you grab the knife and throw it into the ground for the next person to stretch to?
Jagman.
right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think
I've forgotten this before.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Knife experiences at school....
I always carried a pocket knife The sad part is The three Amrine brothers liked to pick on me. I was a skinny lad in those days. One day all three decided to beat me up on the bus, Their fat ass sister even decided to join in..
The bus driver decided to let us settle this ourselves, after i laid open one brother with a hawk bill and give the fat ass sister a black eye, before they had enough.
I don't take kindly to an ass whoopin'.
Then it was them that got into trouble...
Yup the times be a changin' :roll:
Missaman
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I carried a knife from Kindergarten to Grade 12. Never had a problem of any kind. Very few people ever borrowed it, they all had their own.
MarioG14

Post by MarioG14 »

Yesterday night at the mall I picked up my own Buck 112 ranger. Spur of the moment type thing. 66 bucks was a lot of money.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

MarioG14 wrote:Yesterday night at the mall I picked up my own Buck 112 ranger. Spur of the moment type thing. 66 bucks was a lot of money.
One converted to auto will cost around $100.
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Greetings all; I carried a knife from yhe time I was 10 or 11 in parochial school in the early 60s and never had a problem with the nuns or anyone else for that matter, every one carried a knife in those days. I remember it was a picture knife that my parents brought back from n.y.c. it had the statue of liberty on one side with the empire state building on thr other made by the Kent knife co.
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?