Frank Beltrame Stilettos - Replacement Parts?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
phreak

Frank Beltrame Stilettos - Replacement Parts?

Post by phreak »

Does anyone know of a place that sells replacement parts for Frank Beltrame stilettos? What I'm actually looking for is a different blade (as I just finished destroying mine with some horrible dremel work). Would just buy another one, but I'd like to just replace the blade for sentimental reasons.
john

Re: Frank Beltrame Stilettos - Replacement Parts?

Post by john »

What size and style of blade do you need? Parts come from other knives. It’s too bad that parts aren’t easily available from the manufacturers in Italy. Someone may have a blade, but it may not fit. When it comes to pick locks or swivel bolsters the locking pin may not line up with the locking tab.
More info please.
Good luck,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
phreak

Post by phreak »

john wrote:What size and style of blade do you need? Parts come from other knives. It’s too bad that parts aren’t easily available from the manufacturers in Italy. Someone may have a blade, but it may not fit. When it comes to pick locks or swivel bolsters the locking pin may not line up with the locking tab.
More info please.
Good luck,
John
The knife is an 11" with 5" blade. This is the exact knife minus the handle color:
https://www.bladehq.com/item--Frank-B-1 ... ayo--31667

Current blade is bayonet. I wouldn't mind swapping it to a kris blade, however I would take whatever I could get as far as blade style.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

This is the wrong size, but maybe you can contact this site to see if they have it in 28cm. As I've never personally seen single blades for sale anywhere else. Good luck! http://www.pvk.vegas/Frank-Beltrame-23C ... -blade.htm

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
phreak

Post by phreak »

JulesVane wrote:This is the wrong size, but maybe you can contact this site to see if they have it in 28cm. As I've never personally seen single blades for sale anywhere else. Good luck! http://www.pvk.vegas/Frank-Beltrame-23C ... -blade.htm
Greatly appreciated! I have done just that. Awaiting their reply.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

hi simply buying a blade will most likely not work as each blade and backspring are fitted to each other so just swaping a blade out will not work correctly.

if you bought 10 Frank beltrame stilettos took them apart tried swaping blades around they will not work correctly. each blade and backspring are fitted to each other at factory no 2 are same they might be close very close but not same.
phreak

Post by phreak »

METALGOD wrote:hi simply buying a blade will most likely not work as each blade and backspring are fitted to each other so just swaping a blade out will not work correctly.

if you bought 10 Frank beltrame stilettos took them apart tried swaping blades around they will not work correctly. each blade and backspring are fitted to each other at factory no 2 are same they might be close very close but not same.
That makes sense.

I also received a response from the site given in the link above and they stated the blades they have they bought a long time ago and that's all they have. Said they were hard to come by. Looks like I'm sol. Oh well, was worth a shot. That'll teach me not to take a dremel to a custom Italian switchblade!
john

Post by john »

Don’t give up. If you do find s blade, it or your knife may need a minor adjustment for it to work properly. Also. A blade can be custom made by several of the forum members.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I have a couple blades for 9 inch Franks but no 11"...sorry