Dad worked for Schrade

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Dad worked for Schrade

Post by JulesVane »

..."And, all I got was these lousy scissors" lol

...Think he could have grabbed a switch instead? lol He was 16 then. He's 76 now.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Dad worked for Schrade

Post by natcherly »

They don't seem to close completely. Better send for repair to our own Schrade authorized factory repair rep, Bill DeShivs! :D

Why not ask your dad the question you pose? Maybe switches were just another product of Schrade's that simply did not appeal to him, or he need something more practical. Looks like those shears got plenty of work....
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

lol..yes Mr. natcherly, it looks like someone may have attempted to prune a tree rather than a simple haircut with these. I often brought up the switchblade subject with him. He just never seemed to have a drop of interest. He carries a Schrade pocketknife with him all his life. Comes in and out of his pocket every morning and every night with his coin change. An Old Timer (if I'm not mistaken), but not positive.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
arlen

Post by arlen »

My dad always carried a "stockman" style Case or Tree Brand pocket knife. He respected the Schrade knives quite a bit.
It is quite amazing that a man's career, over a lifetime, will take some interesting twists and turns. To have worked at Schrade may not seems a big deal to your dad, but to his kid and others, that is quite amazing.
Regards,
arlen
JayAK80

Post by JayAK80 »

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Get those scissors fixed though...