Happy B-Day Bladebid only totally free knife auction on net

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

Happy B-Day Bladebid only totally free knife auction on net

Post by METALGOD »

not the biggest knife auction on the net but man cannot believe its been 13 years ago WWW.Bladebid.com was started . back in 2001 after the old bladeauction had crashed Rich Bolton invited me to a New website he created Free for buyers and sellers alike, i was told by Rich there would never be no fees for buyers or sellers ever, ( The only totally FREE knife auction on the net ) is his advertisement ,so i registered as a seller (Metalgod), in the 13 yrs ive been there as a seller / buyer ive never been charged a "fee" for listing/selling or buying, no fees ever in 13 years , not sure how a site can operate with no fees but man hats off to Rich for creating this awesome totally free knife auction for buyers and sellers alike. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLADEBID.COM. keep up the good work :D .
Thanks Bernie *** (FOLGORE KNIVES USA ) ***
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Re: Happy B-Day Bladebid only totally free knife auction on

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. METALGOD,

Under "Our Fees" there many charges. To wit, "Final sales 3% of sales price." What's with that? Iff'n he doesn't charge them, why are they listed on his website?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I thought David owned that site as it is all his stuff!!! :lol:
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JerrBear wrote:Mr. METALGOD,

Under "Our Fees" there many charges. To wit, "Final sales 3% of sales price." What's with that? Iff'n he doesn't charge them, why are they listed on his website?
Hi i dont think the charges are "active" ,
have you bought or sold there ? if so have you been charged fees ?
Thanks Bernie
Last edited by METALGOD on Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Tom19176 wrote:I thought David owned that site as it is all his stuff!!! :lol:
Rich is guy who started it back in 2001 and still owns it as far as i know , David is a seller there like me .
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

curious to know has anyone ever been charged fees on bladebid.com ?
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Why would he operate it without fees?..it costs money to operate websites. I don't blame him for charging the 3% if that is true i would do the same.

I am curious if many here have bought anything from their? It would seem like 99% of the things on there are from one person already mentioned. Not hating on the website or anything, just wondering who uses it. I only ask because this thread initially seems like a purposeful advertisement.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

since its begining in 2001 it has always operated with no "fees" for buyers or sellers . like i stated before in earlier post i dont think the charges are active this is why i ask if anyone has been charged at bladebid.com for any fees ?

i dont think many members here have bought anything from there but there are alot of users using the site, i myself have sold and bought lots of knives from there but most buyers dont leave feedback at all so is why my feedback is not very much lol .

also this is a Happy birthday post not a advertising post lol . im pretty sure any knife collector would like to hear about a knife auction site with no fees for buyers and sellers correct ? just trying to pass on the love .

Thanks Bernie
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

METALGOD wrote: .

also this is a Happy birthday post not a advertising post lol . im pretty sure any knife collector would like to hear about a knife auction site with no fees for buyers and sellers correct ? just trying to pass on the love .

Thanks Bernie
Oh i completely agree, i just get curious about motivations of people :) .... I will have to check out next time i am in the market for something. So see, you introduced me to the site 8)