S&W Extreme Ops

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
fulloflead

Post by fulloflead »

Pushbutton wrote:Full of lead
None of the gun companies unless it was at the turn of the century(iffy) ever made knives. Schrade,Case and Camilius to name a few made Remmingtins and Winchesters.They were damn good folders to. All the new ones like S & W ,Ruger,Colt are all made by the people we used to use the guns against.
PB
That's why I said "or with a gun company logo". The Remingtons and Winchesters are exceptions I'm told.
---
Build a man a fire;
keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire;
keep him warm for
the rest of his life.
omega

Post by omega »

Not all of those gun company knives are garbage. Berreta has a new one out named after the m92 pistol. The things are built like tank and some have the prettiest 2-tone tanto blades I have ever seen. I think those are Taiwan.

The SW's are an OK budget knife for EDC and seem to be a decent value considering they are Chinese made.

The newest SW autos (SB50's I think)are actually domestic coil-spring conversions. They come in as manuals with a list in the $30 range. Somebody with a torx wrench and a coil spring converts them domestically turning them into the "newest SW auto" and the price doubles. I would have to look, but I think they are either Taiwan or China. I had a few a month or so ago and they looked and felt like they came from the same place as the Boker Magnum autos.

I would like to see that fact made known early on, in hopes of avoiding the dispute and controversy surrounding the Boker Magnums which are domestically converted as well. There were a few folks that were pretty disapointed that the Magnums were not Solingen-made, and they made a real issue of it.

Taylor has done the public a bit of a disservice by labling "P.R.C." on the boxes only instead of "China" on both the boxes and the blades.
We all know the difference, but I bet 90% of the guys wandering around at a gun show don't.
Jay

Post by Jay »

I have a couple of Winchester knives that are marked "Made in China".
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Jay wrote:I have a couple of Winchester knives that are marked "Made in China".
And you can go down to "WallyWorld" and get lots more if you want :roll:
I wonder how many of these will have the "Made in China" buffed out, dirtied up a bit and sold as "antiques" to the unwary :?: