Info on Latama tool

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Edalbme

Info on Latama tool

Post by Edalbme »

Hello to everyone, first timer in here.
Does anyone have any information on this Latama Italy Stainless tool? The overall length is 14” butt to point. It doesn’t look that old but I would still like to know more about it (age, it's purpose, collect-ability) . Thank you very much.
Attachments
DSC07234a.jpg (120.71 KiB) Viewed 5103 times
DSC07231a.jpg (99.54 KiB) Viewed 5103 times
DSC07227a.JPG (106.83 KiB) Viewed 5103 times
redeye

Re: Info on Latama tool

Post by redeye »

It is a bar tool made in the 60s used to chop ice and get olives out of tall bottles.they are fashioned after an old weapon that i cannot remember what the name is right now sorry I will find out what it is for ya though, I have several some mint in box with paperwork that came with them but they are at my other house I am going there today so I will look it up for ya .you can also slice cheeze or open bootles with it.as for collectabilty they are really cool and I have seen them sell for as much as a hundred bux {once} but usually around 30 - 60 bux
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
redeye

Post by redeye »

OK I found one in the box with info so here goes---the tool is fashioned after an old weapon called an "ALABARD" it is an ancient weapon used by unmounted Knights to unhorse their adversaries. the uses listed are as follows--BOTTLE OPENER ,COMBINATION SPOON AND FORK ,ICE CRACKER ,SNACK KNIFE the paperwork is dated 1960 by LATAMA INC. I hope this answers you questions
Edalbme

Post by Edalbme »

Thank you so much redeye, you ARE the King. I suspected bar ware, and was even more pleased with its age which makes sense, I vaguely remember wanting to play with it as a child (thank goodness for good parenting.) And though dad wasn't into switchblades, I do remember his old faithful “yellow handle pocket fishing knife.” (I must look for that). So while not entirely rare or valuable, the memories are priceless. Again thank you very much Red, for all your help. If I dig up anymore goodies I will surely post them.
redeye

Post by redeye »

I was just playing with this one lol it is kinda sharp so be carful lol
easy_rider

Post by easy_rider »

learn something new everyday. I have never seen one of these before