Fixed blade knife for hunting

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
I'll bet Larry Harley would like that knife for his knife boar hunts. IMHO forget a folder when doing close work all the shit and crap is just gonna gum up the works. For very small game a Bird & Trout knife can't be beat. I was told years ago for any dressing out 4" is the perfect size blade.You can use what ever you want but 4" seems to be right. Me I'm a city kid and find more sport in hunting creatures that walk upright and have no business being on this planet for these animals 8" to 10" blade is perfect. cause the meats bad and diseased so you really don't need to dress it. 8)
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The person I know with the best average on game prefers a fixed blade with a blade length of less than 3". With a little more handle the Cold Steel "Bird and Trout Knife" http://www.ltspecpro.com/20btj.html would be his ideal. I think some of the sets with two knives would be good but too often they are both too big.