Italian Fury

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

Italian Fury

Post by Claudester »

Has anyone ever heard of a manual stiletto made in Italy with a tang stamp; Fury. I won this blade on a auction and haven't received it yet but it looked real clean. I think the ad said vintage. I know there are Jap blades called Fury but this one is Italian.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Fury is imported from Asia as far as I know. I know the kife you mean. All or most of those companies all fall under United Cutlery in one way or another.
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Mr. PB,

In received the 9" stiletto today and heres a picture of the tang. The scales are a very hard looking white plastic. Do you still think its asian?

One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Well I'll be. I claim the insanity clause cause evryone knows santa can stamp anything he wants. I have seen those for years on ebay and always figured them to be asian since no one on any forum ever mentioned fury. Now you have me wondering There is a large cutlery co in Italy Fox I believe is the name and he has a forum on BF you could ask him his name is Barnaby. Cause if anyone in these parts knew I would have read it by now.The plot thickens
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If my semi senile memory is correct these were sometimes sold as "Black Fury".
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

They also came in scales like the American Flag and eagles. But who are they?
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Well I'll be. I claim the insanity clause cause evryone knows santa can stamp anything he wants. I have seen those for years on ebay and always figured them to be asian since no one on any forum ever mentioned fury. Now you have me wondering There is a large cutlery co in Italy Fox I believe is the name and he has a forum on BF you could ask him his name is Barnaby. Cause if anyone in these parts knew I would have read it by now.The plot thickens
PB
Mr. PB,

The BF forum you mention, is that bladeforums.com?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Claudster
Yea Blade forums there is also Knife forums. Blade forums used to be great I'm a grandfather there since day one 6 years ago but lately has been attracting people with problems with their mouths. Knife Forms owned by Jim Nowkia (spelling) is a lot quiter and should also have info you seek but the people are nicer.
PB