does any one now how to fix this problem

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mutter

does any one now how to fix this problem

Post by mutter »

ive got a webley knife with a sea horse handle and the blade has come away from the handle.

The problem is the blade is stainles steal and the handle is bronze i think and i dont now how to fix it.

can anyone help?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Hi mutter and welcome to the funhouse. Yours is an interesting question. Are you British? Webley as in pistols and such? Possible to see a picture? the bronze handle at one time was attached somehow but without seeing it I haven't a clue. I take it the sea horse is like a bas relief cut into the metal? Where ever it's getting away from blade and handle is where your problem lies and your solution. Is this a big,little,souvenier? Really need a better description of the knife .Especially what its use was intended for.Could just be a matter of a brazing rod
PB
mutter

Post by mutter »

yes i am british.

The knife is a hunting knife about 8 inches long 13 including handle.
the tale of the sea horse goes over the top of the blade about 3 inches.

unfortunetly i have not been able to find a picture of the knife on the webley home page. i can only prosume that it is a new modle and they have not updated it yet.

unfortinatly their is now way of opening the handle to replase the rod.
mutter

Post by mutter »

thank you for replying to my question.

i have decided to send the knife back to the company and get a replasment one. as i can see no way of fixing it.