An Old Italian Folder

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

An Old Italian Folder

Post by Claudester »

Could anyone help me identify this blade or who made it. Its 9" in lenght, has horn handles, liners are brass as are the bolsters. On one side of the tang it says INOX and the other side Made in Italy. I started cleaning one side and it is in really great shape if its old.

Last edited by Claudester on Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Claudster
That knife was Mangio's stab at cashing in on the Buck 110 craze back around 1968-69. They made it with a few changes that they thought would be more beneficial. The family that developed and made them moved to Kansas City in 1971 and started a combination pizza parlor and funeral parlor. The city ordinance forbade the use of a dead body as a dining table so they sold the business and have not been seen since. Who knows where they can be? I myself think its sad cause they will never be found to confirm the story I just told you.
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. PB,
I just purchased an antique italian switchblade knife It has blue horn scales a flat grind blade brass liners and its a picklock as i can't figure out how to open it any other way . The sellers name was Brenda and she assured me it was genuine She even showed me the very rare MILANO tang stamp. I'm so pleased with my new treasure :D And i only paid 60.00 for it :D
WOW what a deal
Missaman
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Pushbutton wrote:Claudster
That knife was Mangio's stab at cashing in on the Buck 110 craze back around 1968-69. They made it with a few changes that they thought would be more beneficial. The family that developed and made them moved to Kansas City in 1971 and started a combination pizza parlor and funeral parlor. The city ordinance forbade the use of a dead body as a dining table so they sold the business and have not been seen since. Who knows where they can be? I myself think its sad cause they will never be found to confirm the story I just told you.
PB
Mr PB,
I knew you would come through with that massive knowledge base you have on cutlery.
Was that the South side or the North side of Kansas City? Do you also know if they
used the same unique blade to cut their pizzas, cause for sure I would truly have a
collectors piece.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Mr. PB,
Is there a picture of the knife I'm talking about, coming up on your page?
Sometimes it loads and other times it does not.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Missaman you have a very rare model worth millions because only one knife was misstamped using an o instead of an n. You are a lucky guy.

Claudestar that would have been the east or west side if memory serves.The reason being was they considered it unlucky to live on the SoWest side and couln't affored the rents in the Airport. I personally think they should have added Calzone to the menu and they might have made it. But all that pizza sauce getting splattered on the stiffs white shirts before viewing wasn't endearing to the grieving families. As a matter of fact they never got any repeat families which we all know is the kiss of death in the funeral business. Yeah I guess you could say they made a lot of bad business decisions and hopefully when they reopen under new management it will all have been remedied and people will be dying to check it out.
PB
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Claudester wrote:Mr. PB,
Is there a picture of the knife I'm talking about, coming up on your page?
Sometimes it loads and other times it does not.
What knife is that your talking about Claudester?
PB
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Mr. PB,
I guess I wasn't talking about a knife, what I really wanted to talk about was
why wet birds don't fly at night.

Been along Day!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Why they would catch a chill I would imagine. See during the day when a bird gets wet it can dry in the sun but at night they are to cold to even try plus at night don't forget the owls.
PB
missaman

Post by missaman »

Thanks Mr. P.B.
I shall List on ba ASAP and retire early using your authentication as gospel :lol: :lol:
Missaman
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

MissaMan
Capitan Morgan is available in So America only. I'll bet anything your drinking it's weaker brother Captain Morgan
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. P.B.,
As rum is my intoxicant of choice...
Pussers is better :lol:
But the only place i can get it is a little to far to drive on a regular basis
The little brother is just fine for now 8)
Missaman
bigfifty

RUM !!!!!!!

Post by bigfifty »

Rum !!! The very word warms the heart, does it not ? Yes, it do ! You are most correct Missaman, Pussers is indeed very fine Rum. I would rate it just next to Lemon Hart. But then I have only tasted about 18-20 different Rums. Have not been down to The Islands ( Caribbean ) for a long while. Got to be honest with you, have never quite got a taste for Captain Morgan. But differences of oppinion are what makes for a horse race. Drink up and enjoy. ARRRRR. ( Pirate talk ). Take care, Bigfifty.
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. Big Fitty,
A fellow connoisseur, hats off to ya
Missaman
bigfifty

Say What ?

Post by bigfifty »

Missaman, Sir. It is evident that you have already been nipping. Time for us . Got to go fill the glasses. Take care, BIGFIFTY.