TINY TORX SCREWDRIVERS

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
DISTORTION

TINY TORX SCREWDRIVERS

Post by DISTORTION »

HEY EVERYBODY!

HOME-DEPOT SELLS A TINY TORX DRIVER SET FOR ABOUT SIX BUCKS!
SIZES T-5....T-10. YOU CAN DISASSEMBLE THAT BITCH!

IVE SEEN THESE SETS GO FOR AS MUCH AS 45$ IN MICROMARK.

{the drivers are in the hand-tools,near the air-compressors}
The first step in avoiding a trap,
is knowing of its existance...................
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Distortion Welcome to our little funhouse. When buying Torque and star drivers you have to be careful of how well they are made. Alot of knives come from the mfg with loctite on there screws but don't bother telling you and the cheap drivers will ruin your screw and they ruin there head. Cheap isn't always best. Also when you type in all capitals people take that as yelling and I'm pretty sure your not yelling at anyone here otherwise some members tend to get PISSED OFF so try typing normal.
PB
omega

Post by omega »

I use a set of Smith & Wesson Torx drivers for knives. Picked them up at a gunshow. Large handles for applying enough torque to bust loose even stubborn torx screws, long blades 12cm or so to get down into tight places and a decent plastic case that sits nicely on the bench.

The tool steel is really good too. No discernable wear even after 3 years of use on everything from knives to guns.

I've been trying to get one of my distributors to start stocking them ....so far...promises, promises.

If I can ever get them in, I'll put some on B/A and on the site.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I picked up a T-6 by Excellite at the local hardware store, they had only one and no plans to reorder. It is very strong and solid. It also cost a bit but was worth it.
Nifmakr

Post by Nifmakr »

My daughter bought me a set (6-10) at Sears. I haven't used much but the 6 and it twisted and broke but was long enough to "re-sharpen" and still works. If it does it again, I assume I can take it and turn it in for another. They're Craftsman brand. Supposed to be lifetime guarantee.

Steve