emerson/benchmade frankenknife

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jthm

emerson/benchmade frankenknife

Post by jthm »

came across an interesting knife yesterday. my friend found in on the beach and I get to fix it up so it's all shiny and new. but I need some screws for it. here's the description. on one side of the blade, it has a benchmade logo. and on the other it says emerson. and under that it says spec war model coc7. the blade is ATS-34 steel and it's partly serrated. tanto style. about 3.5 inches in length. I already looked through the benchmade website. and I couldn't find the parts I need. any suggestions?
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

It was a collaboration with Emerson and BM about 6-7 yrs ago. They also came in Auto. I would try BF if anyone would have that kind of hardware someone their would. You could also go to Ernies site and ask he might have something comprable.
PB
Patryn

Post by Patryn »

Contact Benchmade directly. It's either the 970 or 975. You could also send it in to them and let them fix it back up to new for you.
Check out my Benchmade gallery. http://www.pbase.com/patryn/my_knives
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

But if it's an auto the last thing you want is to send it to BM. If you don't have the proper paperwork they won't return it. If you know a BM dealer then he can handle it for you. If its manual then do it yourself. I didn't suggest this in the first place cause I thought these knives were bones of contention between Ernie and Les I vaugely remember a falling out.
PB
Patryn

Post by Patryn »

Very true about the auto version. You can still email BM about it though. They may or may not send out screws for it. Nothing will happen by asking though.
If they didn't service the knives who's designers are no longer with them, they wouldn't service a LOT of knives. :) If it's a BM, they'll service it.
Check out my Benchmade gallery. http://www.pbase.com/patryn/my_knives
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?t=1626

This belongs to Stone Knife and the real deal.
PB
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

What you have there is a CQC-7, licensed by Emerson and built by Benchmade. CQC for Close Quarter Combat, I believe.

The person that lost it was probably pretty unhappy... but that it sat there in salt water and sand and is even usable speaks highly of the materials!

Emerson has regained the license (or disco'd Benchmade's) and is now making them in several versions, including a Mini- :)