The Places I Love To Shop

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JaGidEdge

The Places I Love To Shop

Post by JaGidEdge »

First off I want to say from what Ive seen so far, this is an excellent forum, lots of info, sweet pics, very nice gents.
Now to topic. Where I live the only way to get any bang for your blade buck is to send away to the States. I have ordered from quite a few online dealers and have found two shining stars worth mentioning in the bunch. I am not going to bad mouth the others but instead offer kudos to let others know what good service and integrity is worth. The first is Blade Matix. I have lost count of how many orders I have made from there over the years. Huge selection, price matching, awsome shipping costs, and rarely, when a mistake has happened, Ive been told to keep the mistake and the proper item was quickly sent at no charge. The owner is a laid back and a super nice gentleman. The other vendor was just mentioned, Roadside Imports. I have only recently found this place but have ordered 3 times already. They carry, for me, some harder to find items, and some just plain old way cool stuff. In the first or second order i made, one of my carbide bits came broken. I sent an email to say i had a problem and promptly recieved one back saying another bit was on its way. No "send me that one back", just "here, your problem is fixed". I cannot stress enough what customer service means to me. After the nightmare dealings I have suffered with other vendors, these two shine. In particular the owner of Roadside Imports has been especially helpful and has even offered to take the time to find items not stocked to make this customer happy. For those harder to find items, IMHO, Roadside is the only game in town worth my dollar.
Now a question. Two other vendors have caught my eye. The first(because I collect swords too)is Kult of Athena, has anyone dealt with them? And secondly Wild Bills Wholesale Knives, has anyone ordered from them and would like to share thier experiance with me?
jimbeam

Re: The Places I Love To Shop

Post by jimbeam »

I've been a customer of Wild Bill's Wholesale for quite a while and the guy is a straight shooter and gives personal service. I'm in Canada and have not had any problems at all with shipping. He tries to give me a break on shipping cost when he can. His prices are great. I find him to be a real southern gentleman. I would also recommend BladeHQ for higher quality items.
I have a feeling you and I may be neighbours. Cheers! and welcome to TB.
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Thats good information. its always nice to here that someone gives good cuctomer service,,,besides me . :wink:
champ

Post by champ »

+1 on Wild Bill's Wholesale