Cold Steel Folders: Recon 1 vs American Lawman

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
d2eux

Cold Steel Folders: Recon 1 vs American Lawman

Post by d2eux »

Hey all at Talkblade!

Just joined the boards and was wondering if anyone here owns some cold steel folders. I am looking into the new 2010 models with the triad locks. They're touted as being very tough but I wish the same could be said about the tips/points. Its a shame that cold steel did not release a spear-point model of the Recon 1, because the tanto point looks to have a very delicate tip.

The other model I like is the American lawman, but that looks to have a delicate tip as well. Now I'm not thinking of doing anything crazy like stabbing coins, but compared to some other cheaper folders I have for the price, the tips on the cold steel folders look a little thin in my opinion.

Howver, with that said, I am currently deciding between the american lawman and recon 1. For anyone who owns both, have you noticed and difference in tip strength/thickness between the recon1 and AL?

Thanks!