What happened to EDGECO

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
wazu013

What happened to EDGECO

Post by wazu013 »

I was wondering what happened to Edgeco. Back in the early 80's I used to get a monthly catalog from them. It was an import company specializing in Italian switchblades and kit knives. You were able to buy some nice Italian knives that simply needed the blade attached. The scales were already pinned on. I still have a 9"
stag flat grind stiletto (very solid) and a blue acrylic cheapo from Taiwan. I also have a Luftwaffe chute reproduction from them. Is there another company around that does the same thing today?
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
slimkango

Re: What happened to EDGECO

Post by slimkango »

I always looked forward to getting those catalogs in the mail, until they sent me a pair of socks one day saying that their next catalog was going to knock my socks off! (and it sure did!!--I never bought another thing from them after that) Wasn't long after, that they were gone!
Attachments
Edge Co. tactical one-hander made in italy
Edge Co. tactical one-hander made in italy
100_4643.jpg (120.57 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
Kriss blade manual made in italy.
Kriss blade manual made in italy.
100_4647.jpg (125.67 KiB) Viewed 6430 times
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

slimkango wrote:I always looked forward to getting those catalogs in the mail, until they sent me a pair of socks one day saying that their next catalog was going to knock my socks off! (and it sure did!!--I never bought another thing from them after that) Wasn't long after, that they were gone!
That's funny. Do you remember how long ago that was? Anyway thank you for the reply.
wazu013
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

They lost their main business when US Customs changed their import ban to include parts for making switchblades. They then sold several weapon type lock backs, but their prices were on the high side, and they soon faded away......
catavengercaptain

Post by catavengercaptain »

Now that you post the pic of the belt sheath I recall them. Wow it's been a long time since I bought knives from them. Thanks for the info. about what happened to that company.