New Hampsire Law Update!!

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

New Hampsire Law Update!!

Post by Tom19176 »

From Knife Rights:

NH Preemption Bill Senate Hearing Set - WRITE NOW!

New Hampshire Representative Jenn Coffey's Knife Rights backed Knife Law Preemption Bill, HB 544, will be heard by the Senate Judiciary Committee on April 20th. It passed the NH House last month.

Rep. Coffey's bill simply adds "and knives" in three places to the existing New Hampshire firearms preemption law. Click to read HB 544.

If you are a citizen of New Hampshire or if you travel there on business or recreation, please send an e-mail to the Senators on the Judiciary Committee asking them for their support. We have provided a model email below (modify to make it personal or if you are not a resident and explain why it impacts you). Always be polite and keep it short to maximize effectiveness.

Senator Matthew Houde (Chairman): matthew.houde@leg.state.nh.us
Senator Sharon Carson (Vice-Chairman): sharon.carson@leg.state.nh.us
Senator Fenton Groen: fenton.groen@leg.state.nh.us
Senator Jim Luther: jim.luther@leg.state.nh.us

Model Letter:

Dear Senator XXXXXXXXX,

I am writing to ask you to vote "Ought to Pass" on HB 544, New Hampshire's knife law preemption bill. As a law abiding knife owner I want to be able to travel around our state without having to worry about different knife laws in every city, town or county I enter. Please help New Hampshire become the third state to pass this sensible legislation and vote "ought to pass" on HB 544. Thank you for your consideration and support.

We need your support to continue to promote pro-knife legislation such as this. Donate today to support Knife Rights

For more information on Knife Rights, sign up for our FREE email newsletter or to join or renew a membership, go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
d2eux

Re: New Hampsire Law Update!!

Post by d2eux »

I'm so sick of all these laws that make politicians think the world will be safer with them when the exact opposite is true. Unfortunately I don't live in NH