Safety button broke off

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jayess

Safety button broke off

Post by Jayess »

Can any body help me? I have a 13" FrankB switchblade, brand new, but the damn safety button broke off. I figured with it being a FrankB this would never have happened! Cheap ass tin button it was it looks like. Now I only have a stub sticking out where the button used to be. Is there any way to reattach this button back to the little stub? I was thinking of taking a dab of JB Weld and put it inside of the "dome" shaped piece of shit tin "button" and stick it back on to the little piece of "stub" that is left.
Damn, I only played with it a few times, put it in my pocket a few times. Maybe the button snagged on something and thats how it came off! Hell I don't even know. One thing for sure is I usually take extremely good care of all my switchblade knives. All are Frank Beltrame knives except for my leveretto By Bill Deshivs. Please give me some sort of advice. Thanks so much!
Jeff
Razor_54

Re: Safety button broke off

Post by Razor_54 »

JB Weld may work, but the best is to remove the scales and install a new safety. May have a couple if needed.
Never use a safety myself. Carry a stiletto here is a big mistake. :lol:
BTW...Welcome.
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Jayess

Post by Jayess »

Thanks for the advice! How and where can I get a new safety slide and how do I take the scales off and then reinstall them? I am not very knowledgeble in this category.
Thanks again for responding.
jmack1944

Post by jmack1944 »

Jayess wrote:Thanks for the advice! How and where can I get a new safety slide and how do I take the scales off and then reinstall them? I am not very knowledgeble in this category.
Thanks again for responding.
I recently had a problem with an FB stiletto. The scale cracked. I sent an email directly to Mr. B and he mailed me new scales and screws free. Drop him an email. I'm sure he will help you out. Didn't take very long to get a response from him ( or may have been his wife ) and the scales arrived in the mail real fast.