GC co m. Italy ?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sprink

GC co m. Italy ?

Post by sprink »

Hello i am new to this forum so I hope i do this right. I was reading a post a few days ago that mentioned knives with GC co m.Italy stamps. I was wondering if anybody could give me a history lesson on these knives, I aquired 3 of these knives when i was a teenager about 30 yrs ago .unfortunatly they are manual , I have a 8 , 11, & 13 inch. I will try to post some pictures when I get more familliar with the site. thanks sprink
Tom19176

Re: GC co m. Italy ?

Post by Tom19176 »

That was the importer of them GCCO. They were well made older folders. They were imported after the switchblade ban, and were fairly sturdy knives. What condition are they in? They were mostly shipped unsharpen, but some had a weak edge.
redeye

Post by redeye »

GCCO was the Guttman Cutlery Company. they made a ton of manual stilettos that were for the most oart pretty decent knives quite collectable not worth a whole lot but very cool antway.
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The knives were imported by Guttmann Cutlery Co. They were mae by Mauro Mario in Maniago, Italy.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
redeye

Post by redeye »

Bill DeShivs wrote:The knives were imported by Guttmann Cutlery Co. They were mae by Mauro Mario in Maniago, Italy.
thanx Bill I meant to say thet they had aton of knives made but i was tired and inna hurry . as usual you are there with the straight dope thanx again
I am the KING of LATAMA collectors HAHAHAHAHAHAHA {EVIL LAUGH}