Gil Hibben knives

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Re: Gil Hibben knives

Post by Viking45 »

catavengercaptain wrote:Just curious whether that knife is made in the U.S.A. or not :?:
I have seen a few Hibbon's that were made in Taiwan but this was 10 years ago.
Who knows,possibly China now.
A Hibbon made in the USA will cost you big bucks because it's probably made by the man him self.
Not trying to be a downer but sometimes "USA" stamped on a knife means very little.
"Made In USA" is a different story.

I don't have a problem with Taiwan made knives as much as I used to. For years now they have been calling Taiwan the "New Japan" because the quality is pretty darn good.

Cool dagger by the way 8)
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

great! now y'all have me wondering if my knife isUSA or not, imma have to recheck that, althought judging from the weight/thickness of the leather, seems pretty well made. anyway, kinda random thought here, but i actually have a china made knife with a good weight too it... feels like it may be a quality knife that slipped through in china? possibility? just a lil 'flick' open folder with the lil knob on the blade.
MultiMike

Post by MultiMike »

cat,

My brother just gave me that very knife in the damascus edition for my birthday. It's nice but I'm afraid to report it has "handcrafted in China" on it.
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

thats heartbreaking
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

finaLLY remembered to check- Taiwan on the Tang... I tried to flush it down the toilet, but iit just wouldn't make the turn.... made me sick.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

KMNREMTP wrote:finaLLY remembered to check- Taiwan on the Tang... I tried to flush it down the toilet, but iit just wouldn't make the turn.... made me sick.
Taiwan is so much better than China. I would be relieved to know it was Taiwan and not China.
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Viking45 wrote: Taiwan is so much better than China. I would be relieved to know it was Taiwan and not China.
Taiwan puts out some good quality merchandise...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
KMNREMTP

Post by KMNREMTP »

I'd rather have a stomach-ache than an abdominal bleed! If I'd've seen someone Asian yesterday, I'd've picked a fight with them... wait, I did see someone Asian.... oh well... lol... I just prefer American Steel.... Don't have a whole lot of interest in foreign stuff unless it's REALLY old. I got a Yatagan which is Turkish (around Pakistan region) but It's like WAY old, and you can tell that it's made of something, yno what I mean?