Autos openly sold?

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Vagrant,

I checked with some the cops I shoot with and work with me. They don't use the "black arms" terminology only “white arms”. Who knows, it could be a regional term also.
But autos are defiantly legal here…..and that is a good thing!
:D

Steve
.45acp

NRA Life Member
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

"Who knows, it could be a regional term also. "
Very likely Brazil is huge almost as big as the continental U.S.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Land mass of Brazil:

total: 8,511,965 sq km
land: 8,456,510 sq km
note: includes Arquipelago de Fernando de Noronha, Atol das Rocas, Ilha da Trindade, Ilhas Martin Vaz, and Penedos de Sao Pedro e Sao Paulo
water: 55,455 sq km

Land mass of the US:

total: 9,629,091 sq km
land: 9,158,960 sq km
water: 470,131 sq km
note: includes only the 50 states and District of Columbia

and NO, I'm not converting it to imperial.
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

.45acp wrote:Vagrant,

But autos are defiantly legal here…..and that is a good thing!
:D

Steve
You mean to tell us the Brazillian society hasn't broken out into black-leather jacket-wearing anarchy? Singing, "When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way... from your first livin' breath to your last dyin' day..."?

That's what's happened at MY house. We just play that hi-hat: ts-ts-tssss ts-ts-tsss ts-ts-tssss over and over on the sound system and lurch around in that long-legged "keep on truckin'" Broadway style dance step while plotting how to steal little ladies' purses for more smackaroo.

It all started with the switchblade. We were Ozzie and Harriet before these devices of eeee-viel came in. No WONDER they're illegal here in the US of A.
MegaDave

Post by MegaDave »

Man I need to move!.... Arizona or maybe Utah, You can have autos and you don't need a damn helmet to ride! 8)
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Mega Dave allways remember one important thing You can have auto's anywhere in this country you want and not a soul will ever know except you. I am so sick and tired about auto this and auto that everyone writes can this state sell them. Can I carry in this state, How come I can have them in this state but can't carry them Blah Blah BLah. Just think of it as being illegal and thats it. As long as you don't have a bull horn or anyone here for that matter yelling out "I HAVE AN AUTO IN MY POCKET" then nobody on the face of the earth will know, Except maybe Superman cause he has xray vision. If you think your going to be hassled by the law and caught with one then your problem isn't auto's it's why are the cops bothering you! What kind of attention are you drawing to your self? How are you dressed ?How do you conduct yourself in public? What the phuck are you doing in a situation where the cops are gonna search you!I'm not picking on you this response is for everyone who constantly asks these phucking questions about legality over and over and over again. I have carried one for over 30 years and not once was I ever stopped and hassled. So all you people that are so worried take a look at yourselves and see what you are doing to grab this type of attention. Remember MUM's the word. An old Hells Angel saying is 3 people can keep a secret as long as 2 are dead.
PB
mrbigg
Location: you talkin to me? you talkin to me? you talkin to me?

Post by mrbigg »

maybe he's riding a big fhat loud harley with tattoo's that read phuck the po leeece! that's all it takes to get pulled over sometimes!
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Stone Knife wrote:
You mean to tell us the Brazillian society hasn't broken out into black-leather jacket-wearing anarchy? Singing, "When you're a Jet you're a Jet all the way... from your first livin' breath to your last dyin' day..."?

That's what's happened at MY house. We just play that hi-hat: ts-ts-tssss ts-ts-tsss ts-ts-tssss over and over on the sound system and lurch around in that long-legged "keep on truckin'" Broadway style dance step while plotting how to steal little ladies' purses for more smackaroo.

It all started with the switchblade. We were Ozzie and Harriet before these devices of eeee-viel came in. No WONDER they're illegal here in the US of A.

No man, it is just to damn hot here for leather jackets.
.45acp

NRA Life Member
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

According to my friends it pretty much is in anarchy, but that doesn't seem to stop it. It has everything it needs to be a "power" except real organisation.
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

Vagrant wrote:According to my friends it pretty much is in anarchy, but that doesn't seem to stop it. It has everything it needs to be a "power" except real organisation.
Brazil has several ingrained cultural problems that that every Brazilian is concerned and aware of, but as a country refuse to address and rectify. One huge issue is political corruption; the current estimate is that 30% or more of the taxes collected are stolen thru outright graft. One senator has been reelected after being convicted of embezzling millions of Reals. Roadway projects are a favorite, contracts are let to a politicians friend, and the politician gets a huge kick back. The road gets 2” of asphalt instead of 5” and is 30 miles short of finishing when the contractor announces he is out of money to complete the project.
Nevertheless, the most telling problem in Brazil is the outright refusal to take responsibility for ones actions. No one is accountable, all decisions are made by committee, that way no one person takes the blame for a failure to manage anything. Personal responsibility is not taught in school, in fact just the opposite, this is throughout the Brazilian lifestyle. Crime is absolutely rampant; the police are poorly paid, and quite often found to be the criminals. Drug trafficking, robbery, carjacking, home invasions, and murder are the national past time.

I could go on for days regarding Brazil, I enjoy the country and people but, as a whole, this is a very screwed up place.
.45acp

NRA Life Member
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

That's about the impression I got. A huge country with lots of resources, but the only thing that works is graft and corruption. The people are great but they accept the way things are, so change is not likely.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

.45acp,

Sounds great down there! Can't wait to pack my bags! Do they allow Californians in? Do they allow 'em back out? :wink:

The Falcon
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
.45acp

Post by .45acp »

The Falcon wrote:.45acp,

Sounds great down there! Can't wait to pack my bags! Do they allow Californians in? Do they allow 'em back out? :wink:

The Falcon

Yea man, even from Cal you can get in and out.

One thing I have always enjoyed about Brazil is the beachs and nightlife. It is great, sometimes living here has its drawbacks though. In 6 months or so when I´m done with this assignment I´ll post some of the adventures and conditions I lived under here.

Steve
.45acp

NRA Life Member
bob ingram

something to ponder

Post by bob ingram »

you all need a little truth here,10 years ago and still ongoing in penna.,the state police locked up 80 people,for various weapons violations,i was one of the victims as was my brother,other people arrested for firearms,tnt/dynimite,most of the firearms were dismissed because of the fact that they were made 1898 or earlier,even thought,they were center fire ,pa. follows federal law about guns for the most part, now as to switcblades,the section in pa. crime code is 908 prohibited offense weapons,some of the weapons listed are exspected sawed off shotguns,machineguns, BLACKJACKS,switchblades etc,some were not ,bowie knives,derringers,the kicker is that some items you can deal/own SWITCHBLADES,GRAVITY KNIVES,will still get you arrested,so we go to court,almost all the gun cases are discharged,about 33 of them,1 case fellow killed himself,fellow who was trying to sell dynimite,wasnt breaking any laws,his cost about 4,000 dollars in leagle fees,other 40 of people involed were knife people,first cases up,took jury trials,showed jury that switchblades are collectibles,after about 4th trial,judge states that will no longer be a defense,so you best make a deal,one of my co-defendants solved that problem,had a stroke then a massive heart attack and died,one did a year,plus 2 weeks,home a week and killed himself,now as to me,i was charged with 19 counts,i will break them down for you all,conspiricey,the state trooper was sent to me by a unknown person,who told him i had some switchblades for sale(i conspired with UNknown person),inter state transportation of illeagle weapons,(illeagle to make switchs in penna.)so i must have brought them into state,fixing and repairing an illeagle weapon-switchblades(this one i loved)trooper said his switches were opening slow,and how did he solve problem,told him to leave them open for his display and oil the joint,i never touched the knives or seen them,but got the charge,his approach-i am a fan of james dean,and would like some switchblades for my james dean wall,and would like them in differant colors,made 3 buys from me,total of 15 knives in differant colors,trooper made each one a seperate change,15 counts,cost to me,lost of job,12,000 in leagle fees,investigation ran for 2 years,the targets were mainley,middle age males WHO had no prior record,knives targeted,switchblades,double edged stuff,trench knives with knuckles,the sunbird-this knife had a guard and you push a slide to open guard,which then locked into place,guard was the switchblade,so i now have to keep an eye/ear out,calif.got a judgement against a major seller of knives-non switch type,ther was an article in a knife paper,not to long ago.about an other state who want to arrest people who sell autos on the net to people in that state and also lock up buyers/residents who buy,like to have a photo,holding your favorite switch,wrong hands,it shows possession of an illeagle weapon,example is photos of convicted felons who are holding guns,it shows a felon in possession of gun,go to state were its leagal to buy a auto,bring it back to your state,interstate transportation,no intent to comitt a crime,it makes no differance,that your a collector,federal law is they are illeagle,so think and be carefula coupla things that were brought out for stabbing instruments, most common,was a screwdriver,second was a fork,so stay out of the garage and kitchen , :lol:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Shakespere said "the law is a ass and a idiot" I agree.
[He also said "lets kill all the lawyers".]
The law no longer protect us we need protection from it.