KISSING CRANE - MADE IN CHINA!

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Springmesser

KISSING CRANE - MADE IN CHINA!

Post by Springmesser »

KISSING CRANE - MADE IN CHINA! :(
German cutlery manufacturer Kissing Crane moves to FULL Chinese manufacture. Yes another one bites the dust. It's hard to say how long before the Made in China Kissing Crane knives were already out there but now it's official. Some GERMAN Kissing Crane still exist with the round shield. Stilettos were already made in Italy as well as a few others. Before Made in Italy was not on the Stilettos, now it is! It is sad to see a German Co. go to China. Kissing Crane is distributed in the USA by United Cutlery, a company heavily in Chinese cutlery.
To complicate things even further, Germany has no country of origin laws, so things can get dicey when it comes to German cutlery. For years, unscrupulous manufacturers and importers have had cheap knives made for them, then imported them into Germany. They then stamp "Germany" on them, and sell them domestically or send them around the world. The key phrase here being "unscrupulous" makers or importers. Update: No factories make knives in Germany, they are all made in the European Union using German Design.
79spitfire

Re: KISSING CRANE - MADE IN CHINA!

Post by 79spitfire »

So my KC 47 Stiletto, that has Germany etched onto the blade is not German? And to ad insult to injury may be made in China.....

Swell :cry: Think I need to puke now.
What knife?

Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

79spitfire wrote:So my KC 47 Stiletto, that has Germany etched onto the blade is not German? And to ad insult to injury may be made in China.....

Swell :cry: Think I need to puke now.
I found that on ebay.....I would have posted a link....but did not know if direct linking to ebay would be allowed?
I just ordered 2 KC-48 stiletto's....hope they are decent quality! :)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The stiletto style are made in Italy and always have been. Mostly by Falcon for Kissing Krane ( Robert Klass). There are other KKs that are made in Italy also. Linder and Boker have Asian Factories, but Klass does not as far as I know. Chris at World knives is doing a film on the German makers ,so ask him.....http://www.worldknives.com/manufacturers.php?i=11

He has Robert Klass knives that are German for sure....
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Here is the link to the ebay article on KC knives.....I hope they are made in Italy.....they are the Stiletto kings! :)

http://reviews.ebay.com/KISSING-CRANE-M ... 0004435273
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

Springmesser wrote:Here is the link to the ebay article on KC knives.....I hope they are made in Italy.....they are the Stiletto kings! :)

I'm kinda OK with them being made in Italy, I'd of preferred they had just stated it to begin with, but the Chinese ones, not a happy camper, I already have bought too much and then found out they were in fact made in China or Taiwan. I've been suckered on a Puma, Bolker, Buck, and a Gerber. Don't get me wrong they are good knives, just not great, and certainly not what any of those companies could be, nor do I believe them to be collectible, just everyday kinda stuff!
What knife?

Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

79spitfire wrote:
Springmesser wrote:Here is the link to the ebay article on KC knives.....I hope they are made in Italy.....they are the Stiletto kings! :)

I'm kinda OK with them being made in Italy, I'd of preferred they had just stated it to begin with, but the Chinese ones, not a happy camper, I already have bought too much and then found out they were in fact made in China or Taiwan. I've been suckered on a Puma, Bolker, Buck, and a Gerber. Don't get me wrong they are good knives, just not great, and certainly not what any of those companies could be, nor do I believe them to be collectible, just everyday kinda stuff!
I guess Germany is just like we are here in the U.S.....everything is made in china....but they should not be allowed to put Germany on the blade if it is not made in Germany...kinda dishonest if ya ask me........the description they gave of the 2 KC knives I just ordered said....made in Solingen Germany by the Robert Klause company.
79spitfire

Post by 79spitfire »

The seller is likely un-aware they are actually made in Italy or elsewhere. The full guilt lays with Robert Klaus co. I hope he is turning in his grave.

:x
What knife?

partsproduction

Post by partsproduction »

Are Hubertus knives made somewhere else too?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Springmesser wrote:
Update: No factories make knives in Germany, they are all made in the European Union using German Design.
Everyone is entitled to their own INCORRECT opinion but it will not go unchallenged by the more knowledgeable :!:
whiskers

Post by whiskers »

maybe the knife parts are made in china and assembled in germany thus the solingen stamp. that's what I did at my last job.we assembled transmission sensors, anti lock brake sensors and other electronic parts for ford, GM, chevrolet, harley davidson and other american cars.all the parts we used were made in china but were put together in the US and we put our name on it before we shipped them to automotive plants across the country. people want to pay less for something that is costing more to make so companies are forced to look to other countries for parts to keep the cost down and not lose contracts.
if everyone likes you, then you are most likely a coward who is too afraid to take a firm position on anything worthwhile
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Vagrant wrote:
Springmesser wrote:
Update: No factories make knives in Germany, they are all made in the European Union using German Design.
Everyone is entitled to their own INCORRECT opinion but it will not go unchallenged by the more knowledgeable :!:
We all know they are/were made in Italy.....the question is.....has the Italians or Germans started farming out to the Chinese...like just about everyone else?
Last edited by Springmesser on Mon May 19, 2008 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

whiskers wrote:maybe the knife parts are made in china and assembled in germany thus the solingen stamp. that's what I did at my last job.we assembled transmission sensors, anti lock brake sensors and other electronic parts for ford, GM, chevrolet, harley davidson and other american cars.all the parts we used were made in china but were put together in the US and we put our name on it before we shipped them to automotive plants across the country. people want to pay less for something that is costing more to make so companies are forced to look to other countries for parts to keep the cost down and not lose contracts.
Tell me about it....I'm in MI. and just about all my family has worked for Ford or GM.....out sourcing is destroying this country!
mgvhbjf

Post by mgvhbjf »

KISSING CRANE is MADE IN CHINA, is it really?
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

mgvhbjf wrote:KISSING CRANE is MADE IN CHINA, is it really?
Attachments
why do spammers always dig up old threads to post in?
why do spammers always dig up old threads to post in?
spam_1.jpg (57.16 KiB) Viewed 25221 times