Study about knifemaking supplyer firm in creation

This forum is for general discussion regarding anything that cuts.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
cardoso5fr

Study about knifemaking supplyer firm in creation

Post by cardoso5fr »

Hello
It's not a add, it's only a little study to know if the idea of one of my friend could interrest some people othewhere that in france.
My french friend is thinking to start a new firm.
he want to buildt a knifemaking supply virtual shop. A web site to sell knifemaking supply.
The concept is to have everything on the same place in order that the customer would be able to order everything in one time and he will pay only one shipping for all the supply.

He will have normaly
All abrasive, abrasive belt of all size possible and all grit.
Steel (carbon and stainless) without minimum of order
Micro screw, torx screw... Everything in metrical size (and not in imperial). the screw will be in few quantity but the price would decrease with the quantity.
tap spacer (metrical size M2, M3)
Hardened pivot with the screw....
Micarta,
Carbon fiber
G10
Kydex
Titanium
Framelock ball
Hand tool
Power tool
Knifemaking machine...

I would like to know if some of you would order in france (if the price are interresting and the shipping not expensive).
Any comment about that project of firm, about the supply, about anything are welcome.

I will answer to all question, and try to give precision.

Thank you for looking.

If you think it's not a good place to speak about that or that topic has not a place on the forum, please to the moderation team to erase it :
john

Re: Study about knifemaking supplyer firm in creation

Post by john »

Hello cardoso5fr,
Would your friend have switchblade parts such as replacement blades, buttons, bolsters, pins, liners, pull rings, fulcrums, etc. Also, would stiletto kits be available as well as fix blade knive kits? Not every one has the tools and skill needed to make a knife, but they may have the tools and skill to assemble a kit or do some minor repair.
Good luck,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Hi John. Replacement blade, definitively no.

he will have material to do the various piece but not the piece in itself , (except for the blade because he don't sell steel.)

he will have screw, g10, cf, micarta, bones, wood, pivot barrel, various thing, but not specially item about auto

That is the site

http://www.couteaucustom.fr/index.php?lang=en

For the fixed blade knive kit, i did some sometimes :) (but i don't have any workshop during some time now....)
john

Post by john »

Thank you for the information and link.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Hey there,

Very nice site, he has a decent selection!

Some constructive criticism though...for some reason each page takes awhile to load, not sure if its just me, but took me awhile to load the site initially as well as look around. Usually don't have that problem. If its just my issue then disregard!

Also, perhaps if he had someone that was native english speaking kind of proof read the site just a little? If he is trying to target US buyers this might help just a bit.

Good site though great idea. I hope he does well!
cardoso5fr

Post by cardoso5fr »

Thank you for the comment. I don't think he try to target the us market because us have already a lot of very good shop with good price in usd.

But i will transmit the comment ;).