Ebay Shun Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife

This is a forum for discussion on professional kitchen knives and accessories. This forum is sponsored by Due Buoi.

Moderators: natcherly, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Funge107

Ebay Shun Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife

Post by Funge107 »

I saw a deal on Ebay for New Shun DM0700 Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife 68.00 free shipping . I asked seller with 100% ratings if it was a second or refurbished . His answer was (This is brand new, first run knife. Not refurbished. These were a large lot purchased and thus did not come with the retail packaging.) So i asked him another question,Just what to make sure i can get this knife Registered for a warranty for the lifetime with original owner warranties? Will there be a bill of sale from an authorized seller this way i could get it registered ? His answer if this was sold at full price through traditional channels, that would be OK. However we are not comfortable supplying a full bill of sale with such requests for the same product sold on channels such as eBay at a discount. Now is $68.00 worth it even with no lifetime warranty ?
kwackster

Re: Ebay Shun Classic 3-1/2-Inch Paring Knife

Post by kwackster »

Kai Shun's VG10 steel knives suffer from chippy edges noticeably more compared to the same VG10 steel as heat treated by Sakai Takayuki and Tojiro.