cabela's

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

cabela's

Post by TRYKER »

i just got the new cabela's 2007 catalog, there going to open one up here in new england , east hartford conn. some time this year.

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

:) If they ever add one in one of the Northern 3 :D :!:
butch

Post by butch »

I wish they'd open one here local,I buy from there all the time,Ill be needing boat seats soon and the shipping charge alone would kill me.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

butch wrote:I wish they'd open one here local,I buy from there all the time,Ill be needing boat seats soon and the shipping charge alone would kill me.

butch there opening 7 new ones, ya otta check.

tryker

butch i just looked theres one in hamburg, pa.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

They are teasing the community around here saying they want to build one. They want so many tax exemptions and promises of other things that I'm not sure it will ever happen. I realize that most Cabelas stores are big draws, but I have a little bit of a problem giving companies everything just for the sake of creating a couple hundred new 7 dollar an hour jobs.

Now I realize that Cabelas will attract other businesses, but we already have a store in Dundee Michigan (southern Mi). Michigan is a penninsula...Most travelers will go past the Dundee store on their way up here. I just don't see it being a major draw because of that. Coming from the north through the upper penninsula or Canada (passport mandatory now) is possible, but I don't think it will see the out of state traffic Cabelas is used to.
butch

Post by butch »

butch i just looked theres one in hamburg, pa.

I heard about that one but its still a long drive but being closer shipping "should be" cheaper.Now if they open one in "wilkes Barre" thats perfect.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Cabelas has flat rate shipping based on your dollar amount spent. It doesn't matter if what you want is coming from Nebraska, or the store 2 miles down the road.
butch

Post by butch »

I wasnt aware of that,still for 2 seats that are back to back to fit for people they cost $400.00 each so the shipping is probably pretty high too,Ill have to check it out.
collectall

Post by collectall »

they were gonna open a bass pro shop here in buffalo on the water..
butt he project was stopped due to sum money issues sumone wasnt being bribed enough..

they did open a gander mountain right outside buffalo, and that store is real sweet...
collectall
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

I got my latest catalog from them Saturday ,still haven't had time to sit down and go thru it.
Don't mind mail order ,if I can buy enough to justify the s/h.
NRAJOE

Post by NRAJOE »

I live in Toledo,OH and go to the Dundee,MI store at LEAST once a month...It's nice having one within 45 minutes of driving... 8)
U.S. Army 1976-79
237th Combat Engineers
Manager North American Gunrunners:
http://groups.msn.com/NorthAmericanGunrunners