Need help... Wich knife should I buy??

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
hybrid

Need help... Wich knife should I buy??

Post by hybrid »

Hi..
I need a folding knife made of the good steel and I can pay less then $200.
Someone told me, that Lone Wolf Knives LC14680 Harsey T2 Ranger is a very good choice.

http://workingperson.com/products/85_21 ... Knife.html

Tell me please... Is it the best choice?? Or mayby someone have a better suggestion??
azn_seagull02

Post by azn_seagull02 »

you're a bit vague on what you want. you could tell us what blade style, handle material, color, steel, opening preference, and lock type you prefer

just a suggestion :roll

$200 is quite a bit to be able to spend on a manual production knife but not all that much for a nice auto. you could tell us if you want one thats auto or not too
butch

Post by butch »

or just tell us what you plan to use the knife for,some blade style are better at different jobs than others.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Ofcourse... My mistake :)

I'm looking for a knife for hunting. So it should be a folfre with drop point blade. I preffere a natural material handle made off. Lock... The best (the most solid) it can be. I don't want to cut my finger off ;)
I think, that auto opening is a not good idea, becouse is very hard to clean up...

Now... Tell me wat do you think... Is Lone Wolf a good choice?? Or maby you have a better one...
butch

Post by butch »

Ive never handled a lone wolf to know,maybe one of the other who have can tell you more about them as for myself Ive been hunting for years and Ive always been partial to buck knives.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Dances with Emus

Post by Dances with Emus »

I swear by Old Timer, although the company (Schrade) have closed down now I believe. The larger Lock Knife is called "Bear claw" I think. I should know cause I got one. It's one of my four constant carry knives. I always have an Old Timer Stockman in my pocket, My Bear Claw moves between me and my work bag and I also carry a Leatherman II and one of my own custom made fixed blade Skinners either on me, when out on the Property, or in my work bag when in Town.
'Such is Life'
Mick
kikololly

Re: Need help... Wich knife should I buy??

Post by kikololly »

Have you considered Spyderco, Benchmade or Emerson? Here is one dealer that has a good selection of quality knives. I have bought a lot from these people, I had to return a knife one time with no problem.

http://www.knifesupply.com/index.html
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. Kikkoman,

Do you realize this question was axed 2-1/2 jimpin' years agoness? Don't you think maybe, just maybe, he would have found something by nowness? SHEESH!
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I thought for a minute the seagull and the Emu had reappeared on the same night! :lol:

Seagull might even have went through puberty by now :lol:
--J

Post by --J »

---------------
Last edited by --J on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

That's easy. Go google the Myerchin page and look into the "300" series folders. They retail for +/-100 bucks. But like anything, I can get it wholesale.

Ever see those klutzes on that "most dangerous" TV showing the guys going crabbing? Well, if an idiot deck-hand can't break a Myerchin, neither can you.

(I own just about all of them in every size for my personal use--admittedly all in plain edge only due to my preference. Takes a mirror edge, lots of chrome in the alloy to inhibit rust, lots of handle choices and the strongest locking mechanism on the planet. In fact, I had trouble releasing the blade on a new one before oil and break-in...)