Another eBay folder, in Sambar Stag

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sonnyboy

Another eBay folder, in Sambar Stag

Post by sonnyboy »

Got another folder in today, again from eBay. It's a Parker [Japan] folder commemorating the Texas Sesquicentennial 1986...

It also has Sambar Stag scales (like that little Frost folder I posted yesterday) but with the "bark" [thanks Vagrant! :wink: ] left on and polished (or maybe lacquered?) to a high sheen...

I definately like the other scale treatment better than this...but this is still an awesome knife, as it is 10 7/8" long unfolded!!! :shock:

(Here's a comparison with my Buck 110! Link only - way too big!)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b390/ ... parker.jpg

I bid (and paid more than I wanted to) on this because I was intrigued by the blade...sort of a modified clip-point...does anyone know if there is a specific name for this type of blade??? The tip is more blunted than most...I kind of like it...actually, I like it very much!... :wink:

"M-1467 Surgical Steel" blade [?] .150" thick x 4 3/4" long; Nickel Silver bolsters + insert; ~.073" thick brass liners; steel pins (or maybe NiS).

The Sambar stag is quite different from the Frost, as the Frost was white w/little brown specs; this is mostly brown with white splotches...

Although it is a folder, I can't imagine anyone actually carrying it in their pocket... :lol:

Edit: I just noticed the spelling on the box...Although the actual animal is called a "Sambar Stag", there seems to be a lot of knifemakers spelling it "Sandbar Stag"...???... :shock:
Six of one...
Half a dozen of the other...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Another eBay folder, in Sambar Stag

Post by Vagrant »

sonnyboy wrote:
Edit: I just noticed the spelling on the box...Although the actual animal is called a "Sambar Stag", there seems to be a lot of knifemakers spelling it "Sandbar Stag"...???... :shock:
Get used to this mistake/misspelling :lol: Only the confussion between : there/their/they're is more common :wink: Spellcheck won't help since useage determines spelling and all [or any] of the spellings may be right :idea:
sonnyboy

Re: Another eBay folder, in Sambar Stag

Post by sonnyboy »

Vagrant wrote:Spellcheck won't help...
To go off-topic here (which seems to be the norm in these Forums!), I just installed SpellBound last week.

http://spellbound.sourceforge.net/

SpellBound lets you spell check in Forums postings and those obnoxious pop-up boxes...Your browser must have spell-checking enabled, but it does catch a lot of the finger fumbles I usually make... :wink:
Six of one...
Half a dozen of the other...