What....nobody here hunts?????

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
old_red_eye

What....nobody here hunts?????

Post by old_red_eye »

Don't run your fingers over my truck and I won't run my truck over your fingers.
old_red_eye

Post by old_red_eye »

Don't run your fingers over my truck and I won't run my truck over your fingers.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Hi there..

Please keep pics like these as links.. do not post them openly.. not all of us like looking at dead animals... especially me.

All the best
Teddy
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Red eye,
Nice buck,what did it weigh?
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Diggaway

Post by Diggaway »

Hi Red eye,just to let you know,hunting is still alive and well here in Ontario.This season my old Ruger 77 came through with three neck shots,two bucks and a doe(party hunting is legal here).The first buck and doe were together(but not intimate)and it felt a bit like popping northern partridge.At any rate now my freezer is well stocked,
I save my antlers for handle material and each year take along a couple of new knives to test but straight knives are the rule in my books for gutting although I have one liner lock skinner that strips down easily for washing.I found out years ago,to my embarrasment,what cavity soup will do to otherwise inaccessable mechanisms :oops:
Regards,Diggaway
Sempere ubi sub ubi
old_red_eye

Post by old_red_eye »

Sorry Teddy for the wrong type of post.

And I screwed up the pictures on imageshack (newbie :oops: ) so here's new links.
These are graphic pictures of my deer from this year.

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/5176/deer2.jpg

http://img130.exs.cx/img130/7402/deer3.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. It was estimated at 220-240 lbs. No scales here.
Government cutbacks are so bad I had to put my own tag in during checking,
they didn't even have a knife. :shock:

It has a very poor rack, it looks like maybe it broke off one side in the
early season and it grew back odd shaped.

Only one deer allowed here and unless you get drawn in the lottery it has to be a buck.
I don't bother entering since the odds are so slim, it's expensive and I have no luck.
This year is the 25th year for me entering the moose draw and never won. :x

The deer are very scarce in my area, mine was the 12th registered after 4 weeks into the season
for an area about 20 miles in diameter. Plus with the new gun laws and low draw limits, hunting
has taken a nosedive. It's too hard for new hunters to get into.
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

I gun hunt for deer. Used to bowhunut some.
Billman730

Post by Billman730 »

Mostly I buy and use different knives at work. Which is why I am on this cool BB. Hunting is a rite of passage I grew up with. After being stabbed and shot at in the Bronx, my Mom moved us to a woodsy town in Ct. While I do hunt on occasion, I mostly use either an old Thompson Center pistol with a .30 Herret cal. barrel, or my trusty A-5+3 Browning 12 ga. I custom extended the tube when I got older and started to miss a lot..... The pistol is a single shot pistol with a 3 power scope I use for deer. They have a chance with me out there. Some of the boys and I are going wild boar hunting this month also. My old Puma hunting knife goes along for the trip every time. There will be no dead animal pictures though. The only picture taking I am allowed to do is of my new younger GF and her stripper friends. Life can be very tough on a Guy...... LOL ....
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I've had Deer within 30 feet of the house. They would devour a gardin if I tried to grow one. I've had to dodge them on the road. During the Bucks only season I've had a doe walk close enough to hit her with a bullwhip if I had one. They're almost pests but the day before Hunting season they are lined-up 10 deep at Manchester Airport with 1st class tickets to ANYWHERE else :lol: A couple times at night I've had to get out of the car and yell at them to get them out of the way. [Once in Maine I got out and yelled at one three times before he he moved and it was in the middle of the day].