Mako diving knives

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Mako diving knives

Post by arthas »

Hi guys!

What do you think about this diving knife?

Blaide is in AISI 420 "mod" stainless steel, and it features a soft thermo rubber handle.

It's made by Mac Coltellerie, in Maniago of course. ;-)

M.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

arthas,

It looks nice to me. I'm not a diver, but would imagine that light weight would a good thing in a diving knife, and the handle seems to be designed to accomplish that.

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I'm not a diver but the design looks pretty good to me for most rough use utility purposes.
Mr_Guano

Post by Mr_Guano »

With my newfound interest in fixed blades, I like it.
Do you have any more specs on it? Like length and what sheath it comes with?
And price, of course.
Looks like a decent backup knife to carry on your leg (or if size allows, in a neck sheath).

G
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Hi!
Mr_Guano wrote:With my newfound interest in fixed blades, I like it.
Do you have any more specs on it? Like length and what sheath it comes with?
And price, of course.
Looks like a decent backup knife to carry on your leg (or if size allows, in a neck sheath).
G
Overall length is cm. 23 (9"), and blade length is cm. 11 (4"). We'll probably be able to features this knives (along with other diving and fishing ones) on SKM soon. Stay tuned! ;-)

M.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: Mako diving knives

Post by Bonzo »

arthas wrote:Hi guys!

What do you think about this diving knife?

Blaide is in AISI 420 "mod" stainless steel, and it features a soft thermo rubber handle.

It's made by Mac Coltellerie, in Maniago of course. ;-)

M.

Mr. Arthas,

I dont like the serrated blade. It's too easy to cut an expensive wet suit with one. Do they have any in non-serrated? About the only thing I ever cut with my dive knfe is fishing line. Does it come with a locking sheath?

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
goat

dive knife

Post by goat »

Hey thats a good looking knife . But for me ,when Im free diving and get caught up I dont want anything with a sharp point on it! I was always told a dive knife is for cutting not stabbing.The one time I got caught up it was on fishing line so if it will cut that its all right by me!!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Re: Mako diving knives

Post by arthas »

Dear Bonzo,
Bonzo wrote:I dont like the serrated blade. It's too easy to cut an expensive wet suit with one. Do they have any in non-serrated?
Mako knife is only double edge: one straight and one serrated. I'll however forward your comment to the maker.
About the only thing I ever cut with my dive knfe is fishing line. Does it come with a locking sheath?
Sure. All the diving knives we'll feature will come with a locking sheath.

Talk to you soon, M.
BladeLover

Diving Knife

Post by BladeLover »

Hi Arthas!

I like the knife design very much, even though I am not a diver. :lol: My limited exposure to dive knives has shown the most practical to be blunt or square tipped, so the user does not puncture himself or his equipment. :shock: I like the knives you displayed here though, as a self-defense or survival type design. I would definitely buy one. :D :D :D

Best Regards,
BladeLover
"Knife collecting - it's not an addiction....it's an adventure!"
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

...and they're no available at SKM!

Have a look at this topic!

M.
Sharper Image

Post by Sharper Image »

I prefer a blunt tip knife for diving. My dive knife is by Deep Sea, think its a blue tang copy that can be taken down for thorough cleaning. It has a plain edge, a serrated edge, and a line cutter. Also, the end cap is solid so you can bang on your tank to get your buddies attention. The knife in this thread would be good for nailing a flounder or two though.