GERMANY FISH KNIFE

Use this area for any discussion on sporting knives in general, but also hunting, fishing, diving, and similar.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
micaela

GERMANY FISH KNIFE

Post by micaela »

Hi

I buy this german fish knife and I like obtain some info about this.
Only marked "made in germany" and take a FISH KNIFE mark
open knofe take 8 3/4 inches
Open other (I dont know the name) 8 3/4 inches too.

Kind Regards

Micaela

Viking45

Re: GERMANY FISH KNIFE

Post by Viking45 »

Very difficult to say but from my experience I would estimate the knife to be from the 60's to early 70's most likely but possibly older from the late 50's.
That is not much help but these knives were unchanged for over two decades. We still see this handle material on these older knives so it must be fairly durable.

Being made in Germany it will have superb steel in the blade. Very nice old knife. The bail would have been most useful in a boat or near water.
rosan

Post by rosan »

very cool
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

To totally complicate dating [generally] after 1949 item were stamped West Germany [or W. Germant] to indicate it was not from the commies there are LOTS of exceptions. Also that applies to items imported to the U.S. :? If I recall, I saw very similar ones in the 50s.
micaela

Post by micaela »

Thanks
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

jericklewis wrote:yes i would say that this knife is from 50's base on the design i saw something like this while im researching knives..this is very durable knife..nice knife micaela is it pricey?
In the '50s they were about $1, today ? http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sporting-Goods- ... =100&rt=nc
[about 20+or- down on the page]