New guy

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Frodo

New guy

Post by Frodo »

Hello, My name is Frodo I am a leather worker and vender at festivals, swap meets and things of that nature I have recently added knives to my inventory and am interested in the history behind them. I have a switch blade that I think is from Italy
8.5” long with a 4” blade. Stamped on the blade is
IMG_0684.jpeg
IMG_0684.jpeg (28.99 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
That is the only markings on the knife
IMG_0685.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpeg (48.58 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
Attachments
IMG_0687.jpeg
IMG_0687.jpeg (35.74 KiB) Viewed 8540 times
Twobit

Re: New guy

Post by Twobit »

Welcome, Frodo. I've only been on here a few days myself. I haven't seen those markings in combination so probably someone else on here will be of more help than I. "Rostfrei" says Italian to me but then the English throws me off. Looks like a nice swivel bolster stiletto, though. I like the color of the scales
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

It was given to me by my Mexican helper after his return tripe to his family farm, I always figured it was a cheap knock off till I paid attention to the blade
The blade is sharp as a razor and holds its edge I use white stropping chalk on a leather strip
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks Asian to be.
2024 candidate for president
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

sammy the blade wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:14 pm Looks Asian to be.
I think you may be correct, I did a google search on the word rostfrei
It came back as a German word meaning rust free
Which is used by the Chinese and Japanese blade makers on some blades to …well, we need not go any farther
So most likely a knock off
LOTFK

Post by LOTFK »

Made in Taiwan kit knife. I have the same exact model in fact. I can't seem to upload images from my phone as the files are you big so I'll have to go to the "old" laptop to reduce them to the right size for posting. The bottom rivet was not installed until AFTER the springs were put in, hence the "kit". There were many other importers over the years here in the USA and around the world for these so Edge Co is mentioned often but I don't believe this was actually one of theirs necessarily
😎🤘⚡