FIRST AID!!!!

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
OleRod

FIRST AID!!!!

Post by OleRod »

I am making this posting at the insistance (demand!!) of my wife.

This is addressed to those who cannot leave their knives alone and love to fondle and clean and polish and rearrange and admire them. :D

DO YOU KEEP A BOX OF BANDAGES CLOSE BY AND OCCASSIONALLY HAVE TO ASK FOR ASSISTANCE TO SLAP ONE ON HAIRLINE CUTS THAT SEEM TO GUSH LIKE NIAGRA FALLS??????? :cry:

She claims I am too old to be playing with harmful things..... I am wondering if she may be right............... SIGH SIGH

Can I tell her I am not an exception to this hobby????? :roll:

Olerod
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: FIRST AID!!!!

Post by Vagrant »

Do to miscalcularion, I have a bandaid on :oops:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. OleRod,

You can assure the MRS. that everything you described above is perfectly "normal." I think I can safely say (no pun intended) we have ALL done it... Matter o' fact, iff'n you don't "Jarvisize" yourself wunst inna while you should probably find yourself a new hobby - Like mayhap collecting stamps or belly button lint...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

MISTA JERRBEAR, skip the stamp collectin, this is a very, very dangerous past time.... have ya evva tried applin a bandaid on a paper cut on da tongue !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I am always very careful when handling my knives but it's only a matter of time.
My worse cut was from a Swedish knife,I was holding it "edge up" and opening a package when it slipped and the tip sliced the top of my thumb pretty darn good.
It may have been worse had the edge been facing down,it could have cut to the bone.

So in my case a band-aid wouldn't do. :oops:
We all have nicked ourselves one time or another,in my case many times,noting bad just those little nicks can bleed for two days.
I had a tiny little Western brand two blade slip-joint and the blade was at the half way point when the tip went right under my nail and when I jumped the knife was still stuck in me and I could see the tip under my nail. That thing hurt for a solid week or more....hell it hurts thinking about it.

But on the serious side- I personally have never been on any type of medication but have a buddy that was on blood thinner for a while.
If anyone is on blood thinner I would be extra cautious as my friend's doctor told him he should not do any metal work until he is off the medication.
He drives a dump truck and does all his own metal work/repairs.