NEW item: Classic Stiletto, by Due Buoi

This board is for announcements about TalkBlade. You can also use it if you want to suggest or discuss new features for this forum. New users: please introduce yourselves here!

Moderators: arthas, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Grim

Re: NEW item: Classic Stiletto, by Due Buoi

Post by Grim »

Awesome gotta get me one of these 8)
DONT TREAD ON ME
panner

Post by panner »

Have one on the way :D :!:
EVERY MAN DIES : NOT EVERY MAN REALLY LIVES.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Panner,

Please post a report when it arrives.

Jim
panner

Post by panner »

jim d, wrote:Panner,

Please post a report when it arrives.

Jim
Sure thing!
Grim

Post by Grim »

yeah i would appreciate a review also :idea:
DONT TREAD ON ME
panner

Post by panner »

Hi! : Recieved my new 9" classic Stiletto,by Due BUOI today knife is shipped from there US suplier in Florida it took 7 days to arrive i live in Canada not too bad :) The first thing i noticed when i held the knife was how solid it felt there was good weight i have large hands and it felt very comfortable,now the only other stiletto i have to compare it with is an 11" when i held both the 9" seemed to be heavier so i weighed both knives the 9" weight = 35g and the 11" weight = 29.7g,the brass liners are noticably thicker compared to the 11" and with the solid bolsters this gives you a real solid feel,the action is solid and lock-up is solid no blade play at all,blade came with a nice sharp edge and is marked Due Buoi Italy in white letters and " classic 9 " Dagger in black lettering,there was a couple very small defects rough filing on the ears of the bolsters and very small scratching on the horn near the safety no biggy.Overall for the money this is a very improved Italian Stiletto and i am very happy with my purchase.Hope this helps those who requested a reveiw,THANKS :!: :D
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

How snappy was the action when fired?
panner

Post by panner »

Tourist : When fired it is real snappy as fast as my Mikov but with a different sound :!:
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

panner wrote:but with a different sound :!:
Would you say this sound is like the traditional "whisk-clack" of a traditional Italian stiletto firing?
panner

Post by panner »

Tourist : The sound is typical Stiletto :) :!:
The Tourist

Post by The Tourist »

Panner, thanks for your response. I just ordered one.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

panner wrote:Hi! : Recieved my new 9" classic Stiletto,by Due BUOI today knife is shipped from there US suplier in Florida it took 7 days to arrive i live in Canada not too bad :) The first thing i noticed when i held the knife was how solid it felt there was good weight i have large hands and it felt very comfortable,now the only other stiletto i have to compare it with is an 11" when i held both the 9" seemed to be heavier so i weighed both knives the 9" weight = 35g and the 11" weight = 29.7g,the brass liners are noticably thicker compared to the 11" and with the solid bolsters this gives you a real solid feel,the action is solid and lock-up is solid no blade play at all,blade came with a nice sharp edge and is marked Due Buoi Italy in white letters and " classic 9 " Dagger in black lettering,there was a couple very small defects rough filing on the ears of the bolsters and very small scratching on the horn near the safety no biggy.Overall for the money this is a very improved Italian Stiletto and i am very happy with my purchase.Hope this helps those who requested a reveiw,THANKS :!: :D
Big Thanks Panner, I am waiting to afford one and you answered all of my questions about it that the pictures did not show. Congratulations on a very nice switchblade! 8)
Leverlock switchblades
lars

Post by lars »

Congrats to this new fine Stiletto, panner! :)
And thanks for your very interesting review! Highly appreciated! :)
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

I picked up one of these at the Blade show yesterday.

Like Panner said, it's a very solid knife- heavy and substantial. Beautiful black horn, too. I love the solid bolsters.

The engraving on mine is slightly different than what Arthas posted. Below DUE BUOI ITALY there is an etch saying: "classic 9" DAGGER on the bottom/sharp side of the dagger blade.

In my opinion, these are made to look and feel the way a stiletto should look and feel. I love it, and the price is nice.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Saw these at the Blade Show.
I was a little suprised that the price at the show was $80, thought it would be around the $60 shown here.
The ones that I saw were mostly solid black horn and I like a few srtreaks...no biggie but what really bothered me was that all the ones that I really looked at, which was probably four or five has sticky bolsters.
They didn't move back in line with the scales after releasing. So if you didn't "mess" with them and tried to fire it again the blade wasn't going to lock up. The bolster, on all the ones that I looked at, would remain in the position of releasing the blade.

I liked the looks and the feel but think that they should have worked out the issues with the bolsters before selling them. I looked at enough and all of them that I looked at had the same problem. Suprised that I haven't heard anyone else mention this.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!