CANCELLED:WTT+Cash: swinger for Hubertus shell puller

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

CANCELLED:WTT+Cash: swinger for Hubertus shell puller

Post by Twobit »

I've decided I do want a Hubertus shell puller ( I've wanted one for a long time but couldn't justify the expense for a knife but apparently I've lost my better judgment)and want to see who would take this Italian swing guard in partial trade. If interested let me know your cash amount. I'll provide more pics or answers to questions, just ask.
No longer available for this. See comment below.
Attachments
IMG_20240102_055840351.jpg
IMG_20240102_055840351.jpg (306.18 KiB) Viewed 699 times
IMG_20240102_055951943.jpg
IMG_20240102_055951943.jpg (462.05 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Last edited by Twobit on Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twobit

Re: WTT+Cash: swinger for Hubertus shell puller

Post by Twobit »

The swinger is boxed and ready to ship, but I have plenty of pics available and I'll open the box back up if there's something you need to see that's not in any of those. Don't be shy!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Just my unsolicited opinion, but if you can get a stock Hubertus leverlock and Bill has time to make it a shell puller, his come out far better looking than the stock Hubertus shell pullers. That front/top bolster on the stock ones are extremely flat and plain.

https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/ca ... nused-nib-

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Bill does some nice work, don't remember his web site addy but maybe he'll see this and post it. Worth a look!!
2024 candidate for president
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Sammy, his website link is in his user profile. As much as I'd like to be able to patronize his services, we're talking about a cost in the neighborhood of $600 after buying a non -shell puller lever lock (around $250 from Hubertus USA with taxes and shipping), and at least $300 for the conversion, I'm already outside my spending comfort zone with whatever difference there is between the value of my swing guard and a stock shell puller direct from Hubertus (around $350-360 with taxes and shipping). I simply don't have that kind of coin to drop on what, to me, is a non -practical item. No disrespect to anyone who does collect the high end knives, but for me I'm already feeling like I've taken leave of my good sense to consider the idea of spending the cost of the stock shell puller. I'm violating my mile-wide practical streak. I simply don't spend that kind of money on things that don't have a real use to myself or my large (six children, four still living at home) family. The plain appearance of the stock shell puller doesn't bother me in the least, especially in consideration of the other desirable aspects of the knife as a whole.
Twobit

Re: CANCELLED:WTT+Cash: swinger for Hubertus shell puller

Post by Twobit »

I'm ordering my knife directly from Hubertus USA. It's going to cost me $341 altogether with the cost of a money order and shipping. I haven't decided if I'll just keep the swinger or put it up for outright sale.