Theif Ali Yanik may have changed username AKA Aliynk

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
big_slim

Re: Update Ali Yanik

Post by big_slim »

I just bought a switchblade from the Ukraine, it was shipped on Mar. 20 and I received it today, 11 days. so International mail is still working fine. I don't know specifically about Turkey but...my thoughts are the guy is lying about his situation and giving you the runaround. A tracking number that never shows acceptance by the post office probably means it was never shipped.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

thom wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:58 pm Here is an update on my knife order from Ali in Turkey:
It has been 5 weeks today that Ali says he shipped my knife. He gave me a tracking number. When I track it it says " Waiting for tracking events from PTT Posta" which I assume is the Turkish Post Office.
I can look at the at PTT web site and on that tracking number there is no sender info or sender address, no receiver or receiver address, and no acceptance date.
Like it was never mailed.
His response today was "Many places are closed here. Travel is forbidden, taxi is forbidden, I am at work and there is no way out. I don't know how long this situation will last. Do not worry. I'll take care and let you know if everything is back to normal".

Has anyone received mail from abroad? How long did it take? What are your thoughts?

Thom
I recently bought a knife from a vendor in France that shipped on 3/22/20. In 10 days it hasn't made it to US customs yet. Knives that I have bought from Europe in the past either come through New York or Miami. When things are going half way decent it can take anywhere from 7 days to 21 days. Now with the Coronavirus crap everything is being affected. Delays are unavoidable. If I get my knife in the next month I'll feel lucky.
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks for the responses. I also think he is full of it. He told me today that he would send me some money as good faith. We shall see.
georgyboy

Re: Ali Yanik

Post by georgyboy »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:44 am
thom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:20 pm What do you mean, "get your coin"?
get your money FIRST, then SHIP.
what do you mean by"get your money FIRST, then SHIP."?
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Ali Yanik

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

georgyboy wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:20 pm
rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:44 am
thom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:20 pm What do you mean, "get your coin"?
get your money FIRST, then SHIP.
what do you mean by"get your money FIRST, then SHIP."?
1st,got your payment form the buyer,THEN,ship the knife,it's very easy to do.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I could be mistaken, but in this case, I thought Thom was the buyer.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

JulesVane wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:33 pm I could be mistaken, but in this case, I thought Thom was the buyer.
That's the way I read it. I guess it's now been over a month since this all started. Thom definitely has cause to be suspect of this transaction.
thom

Post by thom »

I am the buyer.
thom

Post by thom »

Ali Yanik is a no good low down lying, cheating thief. Do not trust the creep.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Update Ali Yanik HE IS a thief

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

with all that is going on in the World today,someone has to rip someone else off, Ali if you read this, you are a SCUM BAG.
thom

Post by thom »

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:18 pm with all that is going on in the World today,someone has to rip someone else off, Ali if you read this, you are a SCUM BAG.
Thanks you are right. Ali read this and he wants me to remove it. Turns out he just made up the tracking number. He never mailed it. He has a been telling me that I am impatient. It’s been since February. He’s been telling me he will pay me back for months. Be patient. You be the judge. To me that’s steeling. Took my money and never intended to send the knife. He’s a thief.
He has more to worry about than this post.
Thom
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Sorry to hear about this hassle Thom. I imagine most of us have had a similar experience at some point in time - I know I have. Different individual, but kept getting the "it's on the way" and all kinds of other stories and excuses. I hope he makes it right with you, but probably not best to hold your breath.....................
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks, If this has happened to you please let us know so no one else gets burned. I would guess 99% of people on this site are honest. There is always that 1. Pass the word, do not trust this lying thief.
Ali Yanik IS a SCUM BAG!
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Although before the virus, I received a knife from Angelo in 4 days to my house in Florida, now been waiting for 5 weeks for one from Russia... I'll have to quarantine that package for a couple of weeks when it gets here. Who know... LOL
thom

Post by thom »

He never mailed the knife. He just made up the tracking number.