Theif Ali Yanik may have changed username AKA Aliynk

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Theif Ali Yanik may have changed username AKA Aliynk

Post by thom »

Thom has requested his posts regarding this subject be removed as he feels he may have jumped the gun. Given the turmoil in the world just now, probably good move....

Here is an update on my knife order from Ali in Turkey:
It has been 5 weeks today that Ali says he shipped my knife. He gave me a tracking number. When I track it it says " Waiting for tracking events from PTT Posta" which I assume is the Turkish Post Office.
I can look at the at PTT web site and on that tracking number there is no sender info or sender address, no receiver or receiver address, and no acceptance date.
Like it was never mailed.
His response today was "Many places are closed here. Travel is forbidden, taxi is forbidden, I am at work and there is no way out. I don't know how long this situation will last. Do not worry. I'll take care and let you know if everything is back to normal".

Has anyone received mail from abroad? How long did it take? What are your thoughts?

Thom
Last edited by thom on Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
JulesVane

Re: Ali Yanik

Post by JulesVane »

*Comment Removed*
Last edited by JulesVane on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

this is why I only sell in the lower 48 of the U.S.,last year Ali hounded me to sell him a knife and ship it to him,I told him to go pound sand,sorry that you got ripped of Thom.
sharpslash1

Post by sharpslash1 »

He contacted me last week offering me 8 11" frank B's for $600 shipped. I passed on the deal because I couldn't do PayPal! Thank you for letting everyone know what a crook he really is.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

rock-n-roll$$$$$$ wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:41 am this is why I only sell in the lower 48 of the U.S.,last year Ali hounded me to sell him a knife and ship it to him,I told him to go pound sand,sorry that you got ripped of Thom.
one more thing,first, get your coin,then ship.
thom

Post by thom »

What do you mean, "get your coin"?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Think it means to get your payment before shipping. At least that's the way I read it.
Last edited by sammy the blade on Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2024 candidate for president
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

thom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:20 pm What do you mean, "get your coin"?
I would bet he means that as a seller, get paid before you ship. Common sense, really. As a buyer who has paid, you are in a vulnerable position.

I wonder if there is something like an escrow service available? Probably not worth it for the relatively small bucks involved....
thom

Post by thom »

That's a great idea. A middle man trusted by both parties. The buyer sends money, and seller sends knife to the middle man. When the middle man receives money and knife he mails both money and knife.
Now who wants to be the middle man????
Thom
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Any chance this Yanik guy is another alias of that guy who shows up every few years to rip people off (RH, MrMojo, HomerSimpson, etc)?

Any unknown seller who won't take Paypal should be avoided. PP's system is heavily biased towards the buyer when you use the business option.
thom

Post by thom »

Update. I just received a tracking number from PTT Posta. This is the same tracking number Ali Yanik gave me weeks ago. PTT Posta must be the Turkish post office. I thought our postal system was bad. Anyway looks like I owe Ali Yanik a huge apology. I don't have a delivery date yet but looks like it could be on the way. I will keep all posted and pics when it arrives.
BTW Ali told me that Turkey does not do PayPal.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

It looks like that is true:
https://techcrunch.com/2016/05/31/paypa ... thousands/

And if he is in Turkey than it is not that scammer who comes around every few years. It think that guy is in Oklahoma.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

thom wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:20 pm What do you mean, "get your coin"?
get your money FIRST, then SHIP.
thom

Re: Update Ali Yanik

Post by thom »

Here is an update on my knife order from Ali in Turkey:
It has been 5 weeks today that Ali says he shipped my knife. He gave me a tracking number. When I track it it says " Waiting for tracking events from PTT Posta" which I assume is the Turkish Post Office.
I can look at the at PTT web site and on that tracking number there is no sender info or sender address, no receiver or receiver address, and no acceptance date.
Like it was never mailed.
His response today was "Many places are closed here. Travel is forbidden, taxi is forbidden, I am at work and there is no way out. I don't know how long this situation will last. Do not worry. I'll take care and let you know if everything is back to normal".

Has anyone received mail from abroad? How long did it take? What are your thoughts?

Thom
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Update Ali Yanik

why would the mail stop?,I got a knife from Germany one year ago it took 1 week,a old friend from the Scotland sent me a bottle of Scotch malt whiskey,that took 10 days,the last time I got anything from 3knives,1 week.