Italian Frosolone Picklock

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
rnchesnut

Italian Frosolone Picklock

Post by rnchesnut »

Interested in a small Italian Frosolone picklock. Any color scales. Price and pics if available. Can email me at rnchesnut@gmail.com or pm. Thanks, Rob.
METALGOD

Re: Italian Frosolone Picklock

Post by METALGOD »

hi you looking for a old original or newer made Frosolone picklock ?
rnchesnut

Post by rnchesnut »

Dear Metalgod: Probably the knife I am looking for is a vintage knife. Max. OAL not more than 6 1/2 nches or so, a small knife. If you go to utube and search for frosolone picklock you will see a video by Ted Benedict I believe showing a small frosolone picliock with light scales. Push button and close button nearer the end of handle. I like that feature. Let me know if you have anything like it. Also looking for an SKM shot puller with red acrylic scales. Approx. 7 inches. SKM used to sell them online for about $53.00. But they seem to have removed there website. Thanks again for the reply. And let me know if you have anything that fits my want list. You can email me at rnchesnut1@gmail.com Best regards, Robert.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

rnchesnut wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:28 pm Dear Metalgod: Probably the knife I am looking for is a vintage knife. Max. OAL not more than 6 1/2 nches or so, a small knife. If you go to utube and search for frosolone picklock you will see a video by Ted Benedict I believe showing a small frosolone picliock with light scales. Push button and close button nearer the end of handle. I like that feature. Let me know if you have anything like it. Also looking for an SKM shot puller with red acrylic scales. Approx. 7 inches. SKM used to sell them online for about $53.00. But they seem to have removed there website. Thanks again for the reply. And let me know if you have anything that fits my want list. You can email me at rnchesnut1@gmail.com Best regards, Robert.
That Frosolone knife is a custom build by Pat Havlin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yPVxgQ0HBs

I don't think SKM, or any other Italian stamped shell puller have been made in 7 inches (in recent times). They were all about 8 inches.

There are some older 7 inch Italians that were made but seem scarcer than the Patadas you were looking for. I have one and have only ever seen a couple others posted in all the years I have been on the forums. All were stamped jndiana and are imitation stag. All seemed to have bales on the back. Not saying there aren't others, but not to my recollection.

Edit to add: There are also some real scarce ones that were around 7 inches like this horn one on Kens site.
http://www.autoknife.info/Italian_1.html

And there are some marked Del Bena & Figli.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Vintage is everybody's first choice, but I had JTK make me one for EDC, about 7". Very nice and very reasonable. Taz