WTB: 13" AGA Batwing Swinguard-Ebony/Dark Horn (Found)

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

WTB: 13" AGA Batwing Swinguard-Ebony/Dark Horn (Found)

Post by JulesVane »

Hoping to find the Diamond version, but any considered. Thank you...Chris
Last edited by JulesVane on Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Markco the Mad otter

Re: WTB: 13" AGA Batwing Swinguard-Ebony/Dark Horn

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

DSCN0647.JPG
DSCN0647.JPG (276.74 KiB) Viewed 4567 times
You mean something like this one?
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow! Yes Markco! Exactly like THAT! (minus the object it appears to be stabbing lol)

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Markco the Mad otter

Haha.... Yeah, Well the idea was a rock. A glass "rock" knife stand inspired by Excalibur. Have to admit that I haven't seen many of them and none recently. I have a stag one too but with the shield looking button.
Least ya have a picture of one...now. Happy hunting.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Markco. Actually got a response from Angelo that he would have them back in stock within 4 weeks. Kinda' holding my breath. I truly hope so. I've constantly got 3 tabs open on my laptop in search. Thanks SO much for the picture!

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Thanks Dave! You guys are being so helpful sending me pictures of the knife I have been searching for, and I appreciate that. Your posts are only missing one thing, two words: "FOR SALE"...lol

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

That is a cool knife stand Marko! Kinda made me feel like a kid again, a magic knife.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

My new friends, I could use your help...Without offending any site (not my intentions), I have to ask those with experience regarding BladePlay. I'm posting here because it has to do with my WTB post. I found the exact knife on their site, but I have concerns. It's item # BP-14652. So far-so good. But, when I read the specs., I know the blade is supposed to have a thickness of 5mm. They list theirs as 0.12", which is 3.048mm. I'm not sure what part of the blade they are referring to. Weight seems about right. Concern #2: They also have a 13" A.G.A. Batwing in stag. Here's the beginning of their description and I quote: "An impressive INTERPRETATION of the classic swinguard from A.G.A. Campoloin" (Yes, that wasn't MY spelling error, it's theirs). Thus, I must ask: Quality knives? Authentic? With the terms used, the mis-spelling, the unknown blade thickness, I just had to ask those who know.

whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

BladePlay and their other site BladeHQ are both top notch knife stores. They have a huge brick and mortar store in Utah. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them.

I'm not sure about the discrepancy in specs. I don't own one to look.

As far as the web site having errors; Yep...lol...This is a true story. About 10 years ago the owner of BladePlay/BladeHq (Cam Hughes) had a contest to see who could find the most errors on the site. The prize was a $100 dollar store credit. I was the winner after finding 100+ errors scanning page after page over a couple weeks and spending way to much of my time for the reward. :oops:
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

http://www.knifeshop.com/shop/USER_ARTI ... ring=Swing

Sometimes the descriptions are a bit off, but I think this is one in ebony, one in dark horn. You can always write and ask for a price in USD.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Dave! I can't thank you enough for your "blessing"! I'm pulling the trigger as soon as I'm done typing this thank you to you! Thanks Dave! I also appreciate the link, Utah works best for me lol! ILike: Thank you as well. 3K is out of stock.

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Done deal! Now- I'll stare at the mailbox! Thanks everyone!

Markco the Mad otter

whippersnapper wrote:BladePlay and their other site BladeHQ are both top notch knife stores. They have a huge brick and mortar store in Utah. I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from them.

I'm not sure about the discrepancy in specs. I don't own one to look.

As far as the web site having errors; Yep...lol...This is a true story. About 10 years ago the owner of BladePlay/BladeHq (Cam Hughes) had a contest to see who could find the most errors on the site. The prize was a $100 dollar store credit. I was the winner after finding 100+ errors scanning page after page over a couple weeks and spending way to much of my time for the reward. :oops:
Haha cool way to get your site proof read.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!