Looking for DKW Sandshark or Microtech Custom

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
zzugman

Looking for DKW Sandshark or Microtech Custom

Post by zzugman »

Just wondering if anyone out there is willing to part with their Shark or maybe a microtech Custom especially anything stainless steel. I am mostly into OTF's. I have the tax check coming in and its burning a hole in my pocket. If you have anything please contact me at guzzoa@yahoo.com Thanks for looking and helping to complete my collection.
zzugman

Re: Looking for DKW Sandshark or Microtech Custom

Post by zzugman »

Still looking. Nobody? Cash ready to go.
FreeTheArmy

Post by FreeTheArmy »

roadsideimports.com has a few Sandsharks. but the price is outrageous... you might be able to find them cheaper, elsewhere. not sure where.
microtech customs can be had via contacting them through their website (themicrotechstore.com)
good luck!
please show some pics of whatever you end up with. :)
"Everyone is your neighbor."
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

Try www.arizonacustomknives.com Great place for custom knives. Some nice Microtechs.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Ya at this point, with how expensive sand sharks are, you might as well save a bit more and try and pick up a harkins OTF. They are Sweeeeet, would be well worth the extra. I have never held a sandshark, but i am almost 100% positive that a harkkins blows it away.

Just my 10 cents.
zzugman

Post by zzugman »

Thanks everyone for the great input.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

Ya at this point, with how expensive sand sharks are, you might as well save a bit more and try and pick up a harkins OTF. They are Sweeeeet, would be well worth the extra. I have never held a sandshark, but i am almost 100% positive that a harkkins blows it away.
That may be true, I've never handled either. But, from what I understand. The Harkins is meant to be smooth and look/feel nice. The Sandshark is meant to never break and actually be used.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
zzugman

Post by zzugman »

Wow you were not kidding by expensive. I was thinking like $1500 to 2k for a shark. Its $3699.00. I think your right. Time to go with the Harkins. Killer is I had a bunch of sharks and sold them. I guess they really jumped in price. Ill keep looking. Thanks guys.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

If you look around you might be able to find some at just over 3k (but it'll take some real searching)
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Razor_54

Post by Razor_54 »

Wow and i remember my first Sandshark from PVK for $500, when they first came out. Man, am i glad i held on to it. :D
~RAZOR~
Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

zzugman wrote:Wow you were not kidding by expensive. I was thinking like $1500 to 2k for a shark. Its $3699.00. I think your right. Time to go with the Harkins. Killer is I had a bunch of sharks and sold them. I guess they really jumped in price. Ill keep looking. Thanks guys.
Good luck in yoru search!

Also, the Harkins IS very smooth, and does look nice. But, i would pit it up against a sand shark for durability any day. I believe a harkins could stab a steel barrel just as well as a sand shark without breaking. Maybe even better! :D

I would like to get my hands on a sandshark, just to see how it is. But at those prices, i much rather have a custom. Though he isn't producing them any more. SO the Harkins will go up in value quickly as well. Even though they are already pretty high.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

You could always get a Pirana Excalibur, I hear they have a similar sear system.
Knifeguy420

Post by Knifeguy420 »

dark2023 wrote:You could always get a Pirana Excalibur, I hear they have a similar sear system.
I agree with dark get the pirahna! There one solid knife and compared to my other otfs, way lighter! The internals on it are amazing! Best part is you get a bad ass well made knife thatll hold up to anything, without paying thousands of dollars thats outrageous! But your money so let us know what yea decided on? :D
' Snitches get stitches '
sleepereaper

Post by sleepereaper »

I would say go with the one from bladehq its only 1999. I'm pretty sure he will not do the piranha as I am the one who bought the one from him he had for sale. :)