AK47

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Missaman-

Of course you must aquire the ubiquitous AK. Nobody should be without one, eye say. Besides being losta' fun to shoot, and/or wave around at family reuinions to clear out those pesky, un-wanted parasitic in-laws, they are without equal AS far AS durablity and reliability concerned. The 7.62X39 round is a robust lil' fella', and will put a large and energetic hole in whatever you can hit with it.
I have one of the first to be imported into Fornicalia, circa 1983, a Norinco undefolding stock unit with the happy folding cruciform spike bayonet. Very compact, short enough to keep dry under mine trenchcoat when strolling in the rain to the Post office, and not get hung up on the sage brush when crawling through the feral pig shrubbery tunnel trails. The stock is a wee bit unforgiving if'n allowed to kiss your cheek during fullisade fire.
In defense of the .223 round, WJC field testing suprise results showed the .223 regular ball round shot out of mine AR-15 SP-1, 20" 1 in 12" twist barrel consistently penetrated cleanly a 3/8" steel plate at 25yds., whilst the ball 7.62X39 merely inflicted a molten spall divot, almost halfway through even at 10ft.. Testing didna' include AP or API rounds AS yet...
One swell AK accesory is the stylish and attractive 73 round drum, for those formal events. Kida' noisy if you're hurriedly scurrying up behind the neighbor's defecating kitty, though, unless you remember to keep muzzle pointed almost straight down during sneakage manuevering.
A tad of an outward wankering will ease that gol-darned safety clack, or do like I do, ignore the 'S' setting, and stick with the 'F' one, just try to remember if'n ya' got a round chambered prior to squeezing trigger if daydreaming in line at Taco Bell...

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. I'll PM you soon with regards to the other secret subject...
missaman

Post by missaman »

P.S. I'll PM you soon with regards to the other secret subject...

YOU PROMISED ME NOBODY WOULD KNOW ABOUT THAT.........
YOU ARE QUITE THE SPOONER :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Missaman
joeybladez

Post by joeybladez »

NRAJOE wrote:My Milled Bulgarian SLR101SG...$500 3 years ago:

Shoot the middle out of clay targets at 100 yds all day long... 8)
LOl, I have the same exact one, these are reputed to be the best Aks made.I also like the quality of the old Chinese Polytech legends.
Freedom isnt free
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The BEST AK ever made is the Finnish made Valmet :!:
IF you can find one expect to pay $1800 [or more] for a M-76, you may get a M-78 for a little less :shock:
I don't know if any AK is worth that much but these come closest :idea:
NRAJOE

Post by NRAJOE »

joeybladez wrote:
NRAJOE wrote:My Milled Bulgarian SLR101SG...$500 3 years ago:

Shoot the middle out of clay targets at 100 yds all day long... 8)
LOl, I have the same exact one, these are reputed to be the best Aks made.I also like the quality of the old Chinese Polytech legends.
I had 10 AK's including a Polytech preban sidefolder...sold all but my Bulgy...never get rid of her (Zora) ;)

Hated to get rid of the preban, but paid $850 and got $1,200 out of it... :D
U.S. Army 1976-79
237th Combat Engineers
Manager North American Gunrunners:
http://groups.msn.com/NorthAmericanGunrunners
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

There are a couple Valmets on Gunbroker at over $2000 and "reserve not met yet" :wink: