Sometimes I can't make up my mind

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Sometimes I can't make up my mind

Post by Vagrant »

Should I take a rifle or shotgun :?:
I know, I'll take both :wink:
.22 Hornet over .410 :idea:
HTMLBali

Post by HTMLBali »

Veyr nice! Lol
That might scare some people who even look at it!
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Al
Give me a rundown on that baby. I remember reading about them eons ago in gun mags and SOF. They are single shot if memory serves.
PB
rapidboy1

Post by rapidboy1 »

Spent the afternoon in my local gun shop talking about these unusual guns.

Since the pistol ban in UK we get a lot of guns from Germany and it seems that double and triple barrel/caliber guns are the way to go over there.

Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Springfield Arms [inc, armory, etc] M-6 Scout originally designed as an Air Force survival gun. .22 Hornet - top barrel .410 shotshell - bottom barrel. The black thing on the top of the stock is a cover that keeps 12 - Hornet shells and 4 - shotshells safe so you always have them. I also have one in .22 long rifle over .410. They now make a pistol version that has a .45 Colt lower barrel [but it also takes .410 shells] so with the pistol you have .22/.45/.410 options :wink: Top barrel available choices are .22 lr .22 mag and .22 Hornet bottom barrel has always been .410 or on the pistol .45 Colt. A 28 guage option would be awesome but is not likely :(
Made in the Czech Republic just like my Brno 8mm and my Cz-52 pistol[Czech name Vz-52] so you know it's an excellent gun :D :!: About the same weight as a BB gun so you can carry it all day without getting tired :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Rapidboy
Drillings and other combination guns have never been very popular in the U.S. Drillings have also always been very expensive here :shock: There have been two or three low price [two barrel] over/under type but the concept has never appealed to large numbers of Americans. The ones you posted are AWESOME and I wish I could afford two or three of them but I'm definately part of a very small minority that thinks they're great :wink:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I have an old Savage 24C, .22lr over 20 ga. I cut the barrels to 18 inches, and it makes for a very handy gun.
Bill
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I have an old Savage 24C, .22lr over 20 ga. I cut the barrels to 18 inches, and it makes for a very handy gun.
Bill
That is a handy length, [18 1/4" on the M-6]. The 20 gauge is also a lot better than a .410! You can get the M-6 with 14" barrels but have to go through all the federal paperwork and the tax silliness :roll: but it's still tempting. The pistol has about 10" if I remember and has the added ability of shooting .45 Colt rounds :idea: Now if they would only made it in .22 Hornet over 28 gauge and chamber the 28 to also take some old African type round we'd have my next gun :D
Sam Hotton

Post by Sam Hotton »

Mr. Vagrant,
How about the old short cased .577 Snyder BP round,, with this you could shoot a 20 bore shotshell in the same barrel. The only problem i've found concerning .577 Snyder is that the chamber reamer manufacturers have none made up to rent. They want to build these reamers on a custom one off basis. High dollar! It would make a superb short range heavy brush deer rifle, better than the 50-70 1 3/4" Springfield Allen conversion or Sharps.

Sam H.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Sam
Here's my idea [that won't work] First we talk Springfield into making version of the Scout with a .30 Tokerev top barrel [or .30 carbine] and a 28 guage bottom barrel, that will shoot some strange rifle round. Then we have a long screw-in "choke" with rifling made so the .52 Specer [or whatever] will be more accurate than if fired from a smooth bore :idea: The gun should still be light and handy but a bit more versatile.
By the way a search turned up 15 listings for Tokerev and 14 for Tokerov and I'm very :oops: to admit I don't know which is correct :?
In Shotgun News years ago I saw a very small add for a German Drilling with twin 28 guage barrels and a lower barrel in .30 Carbine :D I did not have enough money to even pay the postage if the gun was free :( and it was NOT free by any means :!:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Vagrant
That would be Tokarev.
Bill
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Vagrant
You should be able to shoot .45 LC in your Springfield. With no rifling, it won't be accurate, so you might as well use .410 slugs. You can also use 30-30, but it will fire-form the cases and damn sure won't be accurate!
Bill
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Vagrant
That would be Tokarev.
Bill
Thanks Bill, that was my guess and the way I spelled it but, a search did not show a strong prefence.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Bill DeShivs wrote:Vagrant
You should be able to shoot .45 LC in your Springfield. With no rifling, it won't be accurate, so you might as well use .410 slugs. You can also use 30-30, but it will fire-form the cases and damn sure won't be accurate!
Bill
The barrel looks very thin on the M-6 and I'd want to shoot a .30-30 from behind something solid with a some type of remote, "just in case" :wink: I would want to be several towns away if I accidently fired one of my "Contender only" .45 loads :idea: These recoil just a bit, and turn concrete blocks into powder :wink:
DISTORTION

Post by DISTORTION »

:D Hey,thats pretty trick Mr. Vagrant!

Never seen a triple like that,outside of Paul Bunyans
seventy-six barreled rifle/shotgun howboutcha in illustrations.

I'll bet you have a six-barreled pepperbox as well :wink: .........