Cover story

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

Cover story

Post by missaman »

Mr. Vagrent,
I got my ass whipped by my 10 year old daughter Saturday. In a game of tickle the daughter, Karen managed to head butt her ol' dad and give him one hellava shiner :oops:
Please give me your suggestion of a plausible explanation to use at work so I do not have to tell everybody what really happened...
Jumped by a gang of bikers,Jealous husband???
You should see the other guy...
Missaman :cry:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The closest to the truth [that is believable] would be that you were teaching her some Karate [Kung Fu, Akaido, Street fighting] so she could defend herself, if she has to, and you took the shot on purpose to see how well she was learning. Other logical excuses include something fell off a shelf, the lawn mower/snowblower kicked up a rock, you broke a bolt on the car and the wrench hit you, the only thing the mugger got was away, and just barely, the chain saw hit something and kicked back [lucky you only got a bruise].
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

The best excuse for shiners is. I was on the pot squeezing off a load, I was slightly backed up and pushing with all my might. During the pushing I somehow forgot my breathing. Seems I was actually holding my breath. This caused me to pass out. On the way down off the crapper I hit my face on the door knob causing a shiner. Was happy to be alive, thought I was going out like Elvis. Who's gonna question that. Also prevents others from asking questions in the future.

SD
ratstuph

Post by ratstuph »

I gotta go with SD here. The more graphic and potentially revolting the initial explanation, the less likely people are to ask for details. And you know how some people are; they just have to make a big thing about it every time a grown man gets his ass kicked by a ten-year-old girl. :roll:
The only thing you might consider is offering some "color commentary" regarding the texture and/or aroma of the offending load.
Rats...
sheep-free since '93'...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Yes BUT a Father willing to take a direct hit from his daughter [for her benifit] will make you sound like a hero, and leave others wondering if they could do the same. {It will also make her friends very unlikely to "pick on her" now they know what she can do.}!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

If were gonna talk MA's here, I'd have to recommend Judo the most.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

J-man wrote:If were gonna talk MA's here, I'd have to recommend Judo the most.
Street fighting [and enough brain cells to know when to run] have kept me alive long enough to become a "senior citizen".
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Missaman-

Merely offer to sell the information for a modest price, and no-one will ask any further.

Or, you could say that you've been practicing the ol'- "Knock yourself out", thingie, and that shiner's from the successful self-shot.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr William J. Corpse
I like your suggestion As well as Mr. Vagrent.
Letting all of karens friends see what she could do to them is not a bad idea 8)
Wearing sunglasses to cover my shiner :roll:
Missaman
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

missaman,

Just admit that she got in a lucky first punch and that if the phone hadn't just rung, in another 5 mins. you probably would have whooped her. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Missaman-

Obviously you suffered additional brain damage from the melee, AS evidenced by your calling me 'William'. It's 'Wally', AS ever.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

missaman, just tell'em your not afraid to show your "sensative side". :lol:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Tell 'em you poked yourself in the eye with a swizzle stick.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Missaman,

I'm with Mr. Falcon on this one.... she'd sure get some "street cred" ... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Mr. Missaman , Whatever you do , DON'T tell folks you walked into a door ! I did that :oops: (twice) the "raggin'" never stops............