inox

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mister re-man

inox

Post by mister re-man »

i was given a pair of 13 inch stilettos with real stag scales, i don't usally buy stilettos so i'm wondering what the inox stamp on the blade means , and who is the maker ?

thanks for any info you can give.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

mister re-man,

Inox is the finest maker in all of Italy.......... treasure those knives....... they'll be worth a fortune ........ one day... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
mister re-man

Post by mister re-man »

so there junk- well they were free.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

mister re-man,look up inox on the net,just another way of saying stainless.
tequiza
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Teddy wrote:mister re-man,

Inox is the finest maker in all of Italy.......... treasure those knives....... they'll be worth a fortune ........ one day... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Teddy,
Don't tell that stuff to a new guy. What if he believed you and didn't save for retirement because he had a safety deposit box full "Inoxes" worth a "fortune." :roll:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Teddy wrote:mister re-man,

Best wishes
Teddy
I'm rich, I'm rich. I can't wait till monday when I march into the bosses office and tell him he can kiss my ass and shove his crappy shit job where the sun don't shine. And mamma said I should invest my money only in secure govt. bonds. Thanks Mr Teddy.

SD
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I can sit back and relax [or go to work] and the forum is in good hands.
A guy at a gun show was trying to sell me a "genuine Inox" according to him they are "hard to get" and "one of the best makers", even after I explained [as kindly as I could] he still stuck to his story. He probably still wonders what kind of idiot I was not to buy his classic Inox pos.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I am offering a once in a lifetime opportunity for all forumites to get fabulously rich! (no, it's not Amway). I have formed a company and am selling one million shares at 25 cents each of III - it's almost like IBM except this Inox International Incorporated. You'll thank me (or sue me) later. :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Make money and provide a service?
I mean FINALLY put those bums at Rostfrei out of business.
Last edited by Vagrant on Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mister re-man

Post by mister re-man »

Thanks guys for the info - i figured they were junk. the guy that gave them to me is a scam artist and owed me a favor . they were free and i figured they were worth about 1/2 that. i collect wide blade auto's , a couple bucks - a 110 - a 500 - a mikov - and a couple of boker mags. all very usable. i've noticed most here like the stilettos, their nice looking and fun to play with but not very practical. hell in a dark alley i'd rather have a good ole fashion icepick
as for Teddy - i think that was an attempt at british humor ? never did trust someone who drank tea.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

mister re-man wrote:Thanks guys for the info - i figured they were junk. the guy that gave them to me is a scam artist and owed me a favor . they were free and i figured they were worth about 1/2 that. i collect wide blade auto's , a couple bucks - a 110 - a 500 - a mikov - and a couple of boker mags. all very usable. i've noticed most here like the stilettos, their nice looking and fun to play with but not very practical. hell in a dark alley i'd rather have a good ole fashion icepick
as for Teddy - i think that was an attempt at british humor ? never did trust someone who drank tea.
At 13" with Real Stag they are probably Real Italian and not junk, but Inox just means stainless so it doesn't identify the maker.
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Re Man

Welcome to the show. Yes the boys like the slim lines out of Italy but have a good know of almost everything out there auto. I'm all over the place with my collection, one week Benchmade autos, another week Balisongs, yet another picklocks and leverlocks catch my eye. stop by often and post the same.

SD
wendigo

Post by wendigo »

Inox is short for Inoxidable, rust proof. I think it's old English.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Well...um...actually...... it's not....

The English word (and meaning) is....

Inoxidizable

\In*ox"idi`za*ble\, a. (Chem.) Incapable of being oxidized; as, gold and platinum are inoxidizable in the air.

"Inoxidable" is Spanish..... oddly enough ...I thought it should at least be Italian... :shock:

REF. ...
http://www.ultralingua.com/yd/index.htm ... ateNow.y=9

Best wishes
Teddy
wendigo

Post by wendigo »

Close but no cigar? You learn something everyday?